NEWS: Panasonic introduces JZ2000 Flagship OLED TV with HCX Pro AI for 2021

Phragzy

Blimey that is expensive!

I'm interested to see the performance but I really don't like the design. Very boxy and I don't understand their desire with including speakers. Anyone who buys this is not going to use the integrated sound system so why bother. At the moment the Sony AJ90 is winning for me but lets see the comparisons first.

CaptainJames

I'm interested to see the performance but I really don't like the design. Very boxy and I don't understand their desire with including speakers. Anyone who buys this is not going to use the integrated sound system so why bother. At the moment the Sony AJ90 is winning for me but lets see the comparisons first.
Totally agree their continues insistence on bundling the panel with a premium sound system doesn't make a lot of sense. If they also offered a "monitor only" option for their top panel as well, it would be more understandable.

CaptainJames

Totally agree their continues insistence on bundling the panel with a premium sound system doesn't make a lot of sense. If they also offered a "monitor only" option for their top panel as well, it would be more understandable.

steviedr

Distinguished Member
They know there is a market (assuming it’s too small) for the flag with basic speakers, it’s been asked for every year, this must be making money for them to keep it up..

CaptainJames

They know there is a market (assuming it’s too small) for the flag with basic speakers, it’s been asked for every year, this must be making money for them to keep it up..
Yes I'm sure they are making money on it, I just think they would make even more if they offered the monitor only option in addition.

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Yes I'm sure they are making money on it, I just think they would make even more if they offered the monitor only option in addition.
Agree, they would have had me a few years back!

deon444

Distinguished Member
Probably not a big enough market for a monitor only panel. Whilst some people would be happy to buy one,I guess more wouldn't.

Don't think that 5k price will be that at launch, Probably the same price the GZ2000 and Hz2000 where released for,then a drop to 3.5k couple months after

CaptainJames

Probably not a big enough market for a monitor only panel. Whilst some people would be happy to buy one,I guess more wouldn't.
Maybe. If you did a survey on here, I think you would find a large majority would love to be able to buy a monitor, but then again AVF isn't representative of the public.

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Stick the basic speaker on it, think it would sell more

CaptainJames

Stick the basic speaker on it, think it would sell more
Yes, that could well be the case - I know that a lot of people will sometimes still use the internal speakers just to say watch the news quickly or something rather than fire up the AVR. I suppose Panny would then be worried though about partnering a premium panel with weedy speakers.

I just think about my own purchase, I appreciated the option of being able to pay less for the HZ1000 rather than having to shell out for the HZ1500- bearing in mind that I never use the internal speakers anyway.

mseabroo

Yes, that could well be the case - I know that a lot of people will sometimes still use the internal speakers just to say watch the news quickly or something rather than fire up the AVR. I suppose Panny would then be worried though about partnering a premium panel with weedy speakers.
Would not though, be any different than the HZ1000 vs HZ1500

CaptainJames

Would not though, be any different than the HZ1000 vs HZ1500
I don't really think so, no, but then the HZ1000/1500 were not marketed as their premium panel, so they probably felt more comfortable with a cut down version of the HZ1500 audio wise.

technomen

Catch your breath! ;)
Panasonic TX-65JZW2004 = € 3,999.00
Panasonic TX-55JZW2004 = € 2,999.00
and there:
Panasonic TX-65HZW2004 Fernseher - Atlas Store = en & ct = clnk & gl = en
Special Price
panasonic-tx-55jz2000 = £2,499.00
panasonic-tx-65jz2000 = £3,289.00

Last edited:

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Panasonic TX-55JZ2000B = £3,999.00
Panasonic TX-65JZ2000B = £4,999.00

Wow. That's way too expensive. Panasonic UK living in cloud cuckoo land lol.

danmarr14

Wow. That's way too expensive. Panasonic UK living in cloud cuckoo land lol.

Probably currency and brexit related issues on pricing - at least that will be cited why! haha.

Obviously enough people are buying these high-end TVs at the top prices to encourage them to continue doing it. I think I read somewhere that Panasonic's own research suggested that most people buying a top end one like this want a decent speaker setup on (as suggested from my own anecdotal evidence) rather than just the panel. I would love one with no speakers on (it'd probably lower the TV height by 2 inches and reduce 10 kilos from the weight) but we're a niche within a niche within a niche I suppose!

Gazgum

I don’t think the 2000 series was ever aimed at enthusiasts, it’s a high end telly for those flush enough amongst ‘the masses’, who I’ve no doubt have always outnumbered us.

A true enthusiast panel would of course omit the sound system or perhaps make it optional like some of the Pioneer plasmas did. I’ve never used onboard sound on any tv I’ve owned and while the 1000 level is the right balance for me, I’d have to step up to the 2000 if it came as a true monitor.

fathergll

Maybe. If you did a survey on here, I think you would find a large majority would love to be able to buy a monitor, but then again AVF isn't representative of the public.

The question really isn't who wants a monitor version.....I think the real survey would be who refuses to buy the xZ2000 series because of the added costs with it not being a monitor. Thats probably very small number and Panasonic is banking on enthusiast eating the costs upselling into the all in one TV. And with the small minority of refuse to buy the xZ2000 series they will still probably end up getting them on the cheaper Panasonic models regardless.

Just the nature of how things are going. All brands are going this route and you can even see it in the ultra short projectors which are now offering more advanced sound bar type capabilities.

CaptainJames

The question really isn't who wants a monitor version.....I think the real survey would be who refuses to buy the xZ2000 series because of the added costs with it not being a monitor. Thats probably very small number and Panasonic is banking on enthusiast eating the costs upselling into the all in one TV. And with the small minority of refuse to buy the xZ2000 series they will still probably end up getting them on the cheaper Panasonic models regardless.

Just the nature of how things are going. All brands are going this route and you can even see it in the ultra short projectors which are now offering more advanced sound bar type capabilities.
I would certainly be in that "small number". Yes, Panny still have me as a customer, but they could have upsold me to a HZ2000 monitor if they offered one.

But it is of course their prerogative, and they will have conducted their market research.

youngsyp

Distinguished Member
Panasonic TX-55JZ2000B = £3,999.00
Panasonic TX-65JZ2000B = £4,999.00
There's no way those prices are official. Panasonic would not increase the prices of their flagship models when everyone else is reducing them. There's clearly no rationale to do so. I do have trouble thinking they're reduce the RRP's below what they were for the GZ and HZ2000 at launch but, they'll certainly not increase them.

I'm predicting they'll come in at £2999 for the 55" and £3999 for the 65". I'd be over the moon if they were less though, and still maintain their superiority over the other OLED flagships.

Paul

steviedr

Distinguished Member
When is the UK event? Interesting seeing the Sony reviews trickle in, looks like Panys initial comment on brightest oled will be true...

mseabroo

When is the UK event? Interesting seeing the Sony reviews trickle in, looks like Panys initial comment on brightest oled will be true...
Had been wondering the same but hoping he would be more details of the full range and specs coming out of the French event tomorrow.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

BAFTA 2021 awards sees Nomadland as big winner
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for May 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung rumoured to be buying OLED TV panels from LG Display
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix signs with Sony for first streaming rights in U.S.
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio Pro launches C10 MkII speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom