NEWS: Panasonic introduces JZ2000 Flagship OLED TV with HCX Pro AI for 2021

woppy101

Distinguished Member
that’s really bizarre reading about them pulling out of UK retailers, I recall seeing the stands very busy in JL.
Not sounding good for their future (unless it’s a covid / store thing and they return in 2022).
Remember currys didn’t stock the HZ2000 last year and don’t have the JZ1000/1500/2000 listed this year

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Remember currys didn’t stock the HZ2000 last year and don’t have the JZ1000/1500/2000 listed this year
Surprised to hear that (although with Covid, maybe didn’t make a difference). Assuming numbers must have been strong if they are repeating the same strategy

dotnotbot

MT5816. It seems the posterization and noise issues could have to do with that specific model (Sony A90J doesn't have these issues and uses MT5895).

2021 Sony sets have MT5895 + XR companion chip.
Sony XH90 had MT5895 only and that model also had reduced bit depth near-black and gradient handling worse than other 9 series Sony TVs.

boblo

2021 Sony sets have MT5895 + XR companion chip.
Sony XH90 had MT5895 only and that model also had reduced bit depth near-black and gradient handling worse than other 9 series Sony TVs.
So do you think the posterization and noise issues are fixable with a firmware update? I thought these issues were hardware related and, therefore, not fixable.

Thanks

dotnotbot

So do you think the posterization and noise issues are fixable with a firmware update? I thought these issues were hardware related and, therefore, not fixable.

Thanks

Yes, everything points to hardware issue. Sony was able to deliver uncompromised gradient handling only with additional chip. I'm just basically repeating after Vincent's review that the issues Pana has now seem to be identical to issues XH90 had and still aren't fixed and that means new MT alone is probably too weak.

EDIT: There's still a pinch of hope though - before giving definite answer I would wait for the [email protected] update that Panasonic is promising. Maybe it will also bring some changes in overall processing. I wouldn't count on that but let's see.

Last edited:

Hamad138

Apparently the Sharpness Setting and Resolution Remaster Setting has been fixed in the latest Firmware.

Can owners confirm this ?

Noble372

Standard Member
And yet another review from Czechoslovakia, also using measurement Eqpt.

Edit: Sorry, the link is to a Danish translation, hope you can find the right translation.

Google Oversæt
Dumb question but does the HZ/GZ2000 stand fit on the JZ2000 as I find the Circle stand kind of ugly compared to the last two stands which looked great and hide the cables nicely 😂

27ja

Novice Member
are the issues found by Vincent Theo in his review of the JZ2000 so bad compared to last year HZ series? I would like to buy an oled and I’m more confused day after day.

fathergll

are the issues found by Vincent Theo in his review of the JZ2000 so bad compared to last year HZ series? I would like to buy an oled and I’m more confused day after day.

Sounds like its not. To me this comes probably more into play depending on you situation.

If you currently have a GZ2000/HZ2000 with excellent uniformity you probably want to wait until next year.

If you are coming from something else especially an older LG for example and want top notch built in sound along with the typical attributes that Panasonic has then this seems like a cracker of a TV(especially if you don't get your TVs calibrated). Keep in mind there was a lot of reported uniformity issues with the HZ2000 last year and the JZ2000 seems much better in that regard and uniformity is going to be a much bigger deal imo.

John Hother

I fully understand you confusion. I just read a new Dutch review of the JZ2000, and they confirm some "Black banding", but it is not that bad. A direct translation: Absolutely not dramatic". I wonder if they had Vincent Theo´s review in mind. Besides that comment, they a very happy with the TV, both concerning the picture and the sound..

I think the answer to your question depends on who you ask, and which review your read.

I don´t have a problem with Vincent Theo´s review, or for any other review as long as I am very satisfied with my JZ2000. I am the the judge of my 65JZ2000.

Last edited:

joy1978

I fully understand you confusion. I just read a new Dutch review of the JZ2000, and they confirm some "Black banding", but it is not that bad. A direct translation: Absolutely not dramatic". I wonder if they had Vincent Theo´s review in mind. Besides that comment, they a very happy with the TV, both concerning the picture and the sound..

I think the answer to your question depends on who you ask, and which review your read.

I don´t have a problem with Vincent Theo´s review, or for any other review as long as I am very satisfied with my JZ2000. I am the the judge of my 65JZ2000.
Could you share the review please? Thank you :)

John Hother

thank you 😊
this review was written by Eric beeckmans. the same here too -> FWD . Does anyone know why he wrote two reviews?
Hard to tell, but I know from some reviewers, that some of them don´t publish measurement data, as some people don´t care about these data, and the FWD review is certainly more comprehensive.

ermelious

Novice Member
Do you guys thing the TCL C825 which has the Mediatek 9615 unlike the Panasonic JZ2000 and the Sony X900H which both have I would assume, outdated chips, be affected by this 4K 120 blur/half resolution issues? My TV has been busted for 3 weeks now and I'm in urgent need for a TV and as Vincent is still unable to get a hold of a TCL C825 I might not be able to wait for him. I wonder if I should take the gamble or not but ultimately I really do not want to have a TV that does not support full 4K 120 resolution + VRR, Dolby Vision etc. I'll be using the TV primarily for work and some games, it will basically be my main PC Monitor, so LG OLEDs are out of my decisions due to burn in.

There seems to be no in depth review of the C825 as of right now, all the ones I've seen so far are basically overviews, they are not even reviewing the damn TV and are just talking based on what they see or were paid to say. Trash overviews.

Both Mediatek and TCL are advertising these feature but I'm not sure if I should take their word for it.. After all, Sony made big promises for the X900H but gave broken 4K 120 features in return.

TCL C825: TCL Mini LED 4K C825 Android TV
MT 9613 SOC (Can't find the 9615 listed but it might be the same chip): MT9613

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

KEF adds Ci160ES to Architectural Speaker range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Hisense increases Laser TV sales following Euros
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published