NEWS: Panasonic introduces flagship LZ2000 OLED with new 77-inch screen size

Looking at the launch price of the 55LZ2000, it's much lower than the 55JZ200 was, closer to the 55JZ1500. I wonder if we'll see the 55LZ2000 for around £1300 in a year's time?

Looking at the launch price of the 55LZ2000, it's much lower than the 55JZ200 was, closer to the 55JZ1500. I wonder if we'll see the 55LZ2000 for around £1300 in a year's time?
I'm uncertain whether to buy the 55LZ2000 or the new Sony QD-OLED. I'll be an early adopter so either model will be a punt. I could hold off for user reviews, but then I've been waiting a year already and there is only so much research you can do :)

Last edited:
I'm uncertain whether to buy the 55LZ2000 or the new Sony QD-OLED. I'll be an early adopter so either model will be a punt. Less I wait, but then I've been waiting a year already and there is only so much research you can do :)
I currently have a JZ1500, which is about to be swapped out due to an error with flickering lines on HDR content. It seems to affect a lot of JZ1500s though... so if the next one has the same issue, I might just return and wait for the LZ2000 price reduction next year.

No UK mention yet but:

Panasonic will release the flagship 4K organic EL VIERA "LZ2000" series from July 8th. 65 type, 55 type and 77 type are available. The price is the actual selling price including tax.
4K OLED VIERA "LZ2000"
・ 77 type "TH-77LZ2000" Approximately 850,000 yen Released on August 5
・ 65 type "TH-65LZ2000" Approximately 610,000 yen Same as above
・ 55 type "TH-55LZ2000" Approximately 440,000 yen Released on July 8

That's over £5k at current prices for the 77" was hoping for a bit cheaper than that 😢

Yeah, interestingly it also says this below. Is their 1800 the same as our 1500 model, as if so looks like the 1500 and 2000 panels might not be the same this year.

This series is equipped with an organic EL display that achieves high contrast by combining unique structures, materials, and panel control technology. The LZ1800 series is equipped with the popular "Dynamic high-contrast organic EL display" (excluding 48LZ1800) in the JZ2000 series, and the LZ2000 series is equipped with the "Dynamic high-contrast organic EL display NEO" that uses an even brighter organic EL panel. In addition, the newly developed panel control technology "Bright Booster" enhances the contrast.

Pics here. Remote is different too, although could be Japanese version and will still get the silver one.

That's over £5k at current prices for the 77" was hoping for a bit cheaper than that 😢

Well i'm not sure what a organic EL panel means in real world. If the performance is not much better than the JZ2000 then that price is insanely high but have to wait to see what this display can do.

Well i'm not sure what a organic EL panel means in real world.
An ElectroLuminescent panel perhaps? It does not matter, the 'EL' term is used by Google Translator when translating the word 'OLED' from japanese. These models use conventional WRGB OLED panels. But I'm not sure if the new 'NEO' panel is a modified version of the Evo panel supplied by LG Display or a different panel entirely designed and manufactured by Panasonic.

There is a press release from Japan Headquarters with further information released yesterday:

Last edited:
Japan prices for OLED are always much higher, and they have exclusive models like the 120Hz 43 inch JX850. Interestingly the 77 inch does not include the new heatsink-maybe using JZ2000-type heatsink?

"The "3rd generation" LZ2000 is equipped with a "high-brightness organic EL panel" while keeping the sticking structure using original materials and the heat dissipation plate with integrated back cover (excluding 77 type)"

capture-decran-2022-05-11-a-075431_1158095.png

They are so behind this year, they unveiled their lineup last year in March. We can't blame the outsourcing because Japan made models also just got announced and the LZ2000 models won't be available for another two to three months!

Is it to do with having to mod the LG EVO panel, perhaps trickier / more work than previous years?!? Doing a quick search shows in Japan an LZ2000 & LZ1800, wonder if the LZ1800 will make it over here and is the new JZ1500?

Panasonic unveils 2022 TV line-up with OLED EX, first 42" OLED TVs

Panasonic Unveils Full OLED And Core LED TV Ranges For 2022

Panasonic presents 2022 TV line-up with LZW2004 top model
Translation

Last edited:
New LZ800 models, only difference with LZ980 I'm seeing is lower tier surround sound

New LZ800 models, only difference with LZ980 I'm seeing is lower tier surround sound

Seems like an answer to Sony A75K. But Sony A80 has pretty great onboard sound so it makes sense to downgrade it a bit in the lower tier model. 980 sound on the other hand was already basic enough. Difference in numbers (800 vs 980) also suggests something more. So as if the difference between 980 and 1000 wasn't already confusing enough then now we have 800. :D

Edit: Oh, and it's apparently UK exclusive

Hello everyone my first time on the avforums site. I’ve been waiting for some prices on the TX77LZ2000B and have found leconcepts.com and Superfi have the Panasonic up for £4,299,99 pre order.
Not sure about these sites to be honest but at least it gives a starting price point,(if accurate).

Is 4,300 expensive for a high end 77"? The 65" HZ2000 was 4,300 when it was launched. That seemed really expensive at the time but Panasonic had no competition with a heat sink model which they ended up having the following year from Sony A90J and then they drastically reduced their prices.

I think they got this priced well considering the competition. Still a bit lower than last year's 83" A90J even with that on sale and at 77" it should lead the way.

Is 4,300 expensive for a high end 77"? The 65" HZ2000 was 4,300 when it was launched. That seemed really expensive at the time but Panasonic had no competition with a heat sink model which they ended up having the following year from Sony A90J and then they drastically reduced their prices.

I think they got this priced well considering the competition. Still a bit lower than last year's 83" A90J even with that on sale and at 77" it should lead the way.
No I was joking, it's priced well. £2899.99 for the 65 inch. £2299.99 for the 55. Those are on the Panasonic perks website. They should do well at that price.

Last edited:
If there is no sign of Panny QDOled in 77" for a few years (assuming they join QD next year, but will only have 65"), this 77 WOled might be tickling my fancy post CES '23...assuming it reviews well, given track record, it will.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom