NEWS: Panasonic introduces flagship LZ2000 OLED with new 77-inch screen size

WarHog

£2299.99 for the 55. Those are on the Panasonic perks website. They should do well at that price.
Well it has created a dilemma for me as I have to decide between the 55" LZ2000 and the Sony 55" A95K. Will probably be another three months before real users reviews/issues become known, which is a long time for me to have to wait :(

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Well it has created a dilemma for me as I have to decide between the 55" LZ2000 and the Sony 55" A95K. Will probably be another three months before real users reviews/issues become known, which is a long time for me to have to wait :(
Thats a nice dilemma, you would assume the Sony is the way to go with the wider colour volume QD panel, but the Samsung QDOled certainly hasn't come out smelling of roses, also QDOled mark1, v WOled, mark...ive lost count, it will be a tricky call for sure.

fathergll

Thats a nice dilemma, you would assume the Sony is the way to go with the wider colour volume QD panel, but the Samsung QDOled certainly hasn't come out smelling of roses, also QDOled mark1, v WOled, mark...ive lost count, it will be a tricky call for sure.

Yeah I think it would be extremely hard to pass up QDOLED at this point for that size(obviously reviews have to come out but they will be out before the Panasonic ships). The issue is buying WOLED now you are almost certainly going to have an itch to upgrade very quickly especially if Panasonic comes out with one. The guys going for the 77" don't have this dilemma this year.
Probably will come down to price. According to this the Sony is 17% more expensive at 65" so probably can extrapolate this to the 55" version roughly.

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Yeah I think it would be extremely hard to pass up QDOLED at this point for that size(obviously reviews have to come out but they will be out before the Panasonic ships). The issue is buying WOLED now you are almost certainly going to have an itch to upgrade very quickly especially if Panasonic comes out with one. The guys going for the 77" don't have this dilemma this year.
Probably will come down to price. According to this the Sony is 17% more expensive at 65" so probably can extrapolate this to the 55" version roughly.

Agree, I was going to dip my toe in the 77” pool this year, and then QD arrives, so thinking if it’s 65” limit from Samsung Display this year, they should have 75-77” next year, but will Panny go with 77” QD next year for their first attempt, I hope so.
Part of me thinks Sony only release new flags every 2 years (I may be wrong on that), if that’s the case, 65”QD may still be from all next year as Sony continues and the rest join, Ces ‘23 will be interesting !

Certainly a hard choice this year, while 65” QD would be lovely, versus 77” WOled, hmmm, think size may win me over.
Whichever you go for, while you’d be happy either way, you may end up with an itch no matter which choice :)
Mind you, the itch while expensive could be resolved in ‘23/24…or, hello direct line, yes, the kids have just smashed my…

Snowfire

Thing is 77" Panasonic at £4200 is a good price. While I can't knock the full 40% off only reserved for me that :p I can knock 15% off which brings it to like £3500 which is a banging price.

77" QD-OLED will be like £5000-6000 when it comes and 77" Panny will look better than a 65" current QD-OLED model.

steviedr

Distinguished Member
77" QD-OLED will be like £5000-6000 when it comes and 77" Panny will look better than a 65" current QD-OLED model.
I’m hoping they follow Sony and introduce QD at the same price as the previous years flag..

Anyway, back to 2022 :)

fathergll

Agree, I was going to dip my toe in the 77” pool this year, and then QD arrives, so thinking if it’s 65” limit from Samsung Display this year, they should have 75-77” next year, but will Panny go with 77” QD next year for their first attempt, I hope so.
Part of me thinks Sony only release new flags every 2 years (I may be wrong on that), if that’s the case, 65”QD may still be from all next year as Sony continues and the rest join, Ces ‘23 will be interesting !

Certainly a hard choice this year, while 65” QD would be lovely, versus 77” WOled, hmmm, think size may win me over.
Whichever you go for, while you’d be happy either way, you may end up with an itch no matter which choice :)
Mind you, the itch while expensive could be resolved in ‘23/24…or, hello direct line, yes, the kids have just smashed my…

Yeah I would say 77" Panny over the 65" Sony easy unless you can get your seating close enough to replicate THX/SMPTE standards of 30-36 degree viewing angle which has to be pretty close(7.3 feet to 8.8 feet from TV to your eyeballs...so if your reclining then you have to measure that and I've seen people forget to account for that up when measuring and the TV looks too small when they recline).

robert896r1

Thing is 77" Panasonic at £4200 is a good price. While I can't knock the full 40% off only reserved for me that :p I can knock 15% off which brings it to like £3500 which is a banging price.

Is the 15% through some direct contact you have or some sort of a discount code available to use?

As is that going through Panasonic main site or retailers also?

nekromantik

I want to see some reviews of the LZ2000!
its slightly more then the G2 but Panasonic OLEDs have much better PQ then LG normally and go brighter so will be interesting to know if they re used the custom panels or used the normal EX Panel from LGD and processing on top.

Snowfire

I want to see some reviews of the LZ2000!
its slightly more then the G2 but Panasonic OLEDs have much better PQ then LG normally and go brighter so will be interesting to know if they re used the custom panels or used the normal EX Panel from LGD and processing on top.

55" is out in July and 65" and 77" August in Japan. Still no ETA for UK yet.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom