NEWS: Panasonic introduces flagship LZ2000 OLED with new 77-inch screen size

cityhunter1983

Standard Member

yourboylollipop

In Taiwan, Panasonic has now also shown the LZ1000 and other models. They are also all produced there.

Thank you very much for sharing . I didn’t seem to find any mention of price … I’m guessing we have to wait a little while longer…

Also I appreciate this question might be speculative , but can anyone figure out whether the black adjustment level in game mode would help reduce VRR flicker ?

Hamad138

TX-77LZ2000E
TX-65LZ2000E
TX-55LZ2000E

TX-65LZ1500E
TX-55LZ1500E
TX-48LZ1500E
TX-42LZ1500E

TX-65LZ1000E
TX-55LZ1000E

TX-65LZ980E
TX-55LZ980E
TX-48LZ980E
TX-42LZ980E

WarHog

I've been close to buying the 55" JZ2000 over the last few days. Decided to wait and get the LZ instead when they are released. In the meantime I'll be saving up as they will surely be more expensive than the JZ2000.

fathergll

I've been close to buying the 55" JZ2000 over the last few days. Decided to wait and get the LZ instead when they are released. In the meantime I'll be saving up as they will surely be more expensive than the JZ2000.

You think? Stiff competition this year.

mikej

Full specs are out, 77LZ2000 weighs in at 50kg vs G2 at 35kg. Also rated power consumption at 761W?!
Presumably that's 761W when maxed out (eg. very bright scenes when watching 4K HDR) ? If not, running that TV for 7 hours a day @ 761W on my current electricity tariff (26.53p/kWh) would cost £516 a year ! :eek: :D

Based on the average value they quote (146kWh / 1000 hours), 7 hours a day works out at a slightly-less-eye-watering £99/year. Their average rating is 'based on (EU) 2019/2021 transitional measurement method' though, whatever that entails.

Interesting to see that all their OLEDs (even the smallest sizes) now get the poorest energy rating (G) on the latest scale but so do a good proportion of their LCD TVs.

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Presumably that's 761W when maxed out (eg. very bright scenes when watching 4K HDR) ? If not, running that TV for 7 hours a day @ 761W on my current electricity tariff (26.53p/kWh) would cost £516 a year ! :eek: :D

Based on the average value they quote (146kWh / 1000 hours), 7 hours a day works out at a slightly-less-eye-watering £99/year. Their average rating is 'based on (EU) 2019/2021 transitional measurement method' though, whatever that entails.

Interesting to see that all their OLEDs (even the smallest sizes) now get the poorest energy rating (G) on the latest scale but so do a good proportion of their LCD TVs.

Maybe it doubles up as an extra radiator the same that the old plasma's used to?! :D

fathergll

Well it would be good if I'm wrong :)

The leaked price for a 55" Sony 95k is 2,699. I believe the JZ2000 was last year at launch was 2,499 so Panasonic doesn't have much room to compete with a Sony master series QD-OLED. I can see the appeal of the 77" LZ2000 as Panasonic won't have as much competition there but QD-OLED is going to be problematic for their 55/65" TVs unless they have a real price difference with Sony.

WarHog

The leaked price for a 55" Sony 95k is 2,699. I believe the JZ2000 was last year at launch was 2,499 so Panasonic doesn't have much room to compete with a Sony master series QD-OLED. I can see the appeal of the 77" LZ2000 as Panasonic won't have as much competition there but QD-OLED is going to be problematic for their 55/65" TVs unless they have a real price difference with Sony.
How much of an improvement do you think Sony's QD-OLEDs will have over the new LZ sets?

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Simply colour volume and maybe clean panel (although QD may end up being the usual panel lottery, but US viewers seem happy with uniformity).
Will be a great comparison for sure, especially with HDR.
Agree, those looking for 77”, it will certainly help Panny.
Assuming they go QD next year, I hope they don’t limit size then to 65”…

steviedr

Distinguished Member
I have a 65” and have had for 5 years, so want to go up a size, although 65” is a decent size :)

fathergll

How much of an improvement do you think Sony's QD-OLEDs will have over the new LZ sets?

Early review below. No question it will have certain advantages as steviedr pointed out because of new panel tech but you'll probably won't have an accurate answer on the exact differences until a few months from now when guys like Vincent and Phil do reviews on both sets. U.S. should be getting units shipped out at the end of the month so more reviews to come in.

Skyrider

Leconcepts has preorder page up. £2299, £2899 and £4299 for 55, 65 and 77 inch LZ2000B

Cheaper than I was expecting :)

Could be in the market for the 77" after all!

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Netflix confirms ad-supported option is on the way
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Rotel announces 60th Anniversary Diamond Series Hi-Fi duo
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Paramount+ launches in the UK and Ireland
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Hisense launches A9H 4K OLED TV