NEWS: Panasonic introduces flagship LZ2000 OLED with new 77-inch screen size

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Will be interesting to see if the future announcement has a LZ1500 and in 77”!
The LZ2000 looks like it has some nice improvements

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Wonder if they will head down the QD OLED road? Seems to be the next big thing.
There was rumours they would along with Sony, guess it may be next year now..

Snowfire

Thing is the Sony AJ90 is still staying as Sony's premium Oled, bar their new QD-OLED coming out which is most likely to be mega expensive. If Panasonic up their game just a bit the 77" could easily be the one to beat for 2022 in Europe.

steviedr

Distinguished Member
While 97” sounds great, can you imagine HD content in it, would look awful. Id settle for a 77-83” though ;)

Jules Tohpipi

I'm sure there will be some big summary done later, but at the moment seems the companies are not releasing/confirming full info at this stage:

Panasonic - not talking up the basic panel compared JZ. No mention of QD-OLED
LG - talking OLED EX but not which ranges. No mention of QD-OLED
Sony - not clear about OLED EX. QD-OLED for the top-end
Samsung - QD-OLED at top end but any other OLED?

Have kept the above the brief - perhaps too brief.

Jules Tohpipi

While 97” sounds great, can you imagine HD content in it, would look awful. Id settle for a 77-83” though ;)

HD Blu-ray and Sky HD looks great at 105" on my projector - but then it is an 1080p projector, so no upscaling to 4K involved. So I guess it would hang on the quality of the upscaling.

SonOfSJ

Will be interesting to see if the future announcement has a LZ1500 and in 77”!
That's a point, as many Panasonic fans on here will already have their surround sound systems or soundbars and so will not need the advanced audio of the LZ2000. I just wish that Panasonic had brought out 77" OLEDs two years ago, in 2020. Now with 83" (and soon 97") OLEDs about, this 77" won't make as much of a splash as it would have done earlier.

Still, for picture quality alone the Panasonic JZ1500 and JZ2000 OLEDs were better than all other televisions, regardless of technology, available in the UK in 2021. Let's hope that their successors are as good.

akk0091

Will this year’s Panasonic OLEDs be made by TCL (or whatever company that they’re outsourcing the production of OLEDs to)?

steviedr

Distinguished Member
With rivals having larger screens, hopefully the 77” from Panny will be competitively priced. I couldn’t have considered one a few years back, but before Christmas the reduced 2020 models in that size became reachable (under what I paid for a 65” in 2017).

Thatsnotmynaim

Distinguished Member
Will this year’s Panasonic OLEDs be made by TCL (or whatever company that they’re outsourcing the production of OLEDs to)?
I think so which is my worry, not sure if it's founded or not..

jdevil

Distinguished Member
That's a point, as many Panasonic fans on here will already have their surround sound systems or soundbars and so will not need the advanced audio of the LZ2000. I just wish that Panasonic had brought out 77" OLEDs two years ago, in 2020. Now with 83" (and soon 97") OLEDs about, this 77" won't make as much of a splash as it would have done earlier.

Still, for picture quality alone the Panasonic JZ1500 and JZ2000 OLEDs were better than all other televisions, regardless of technology, available in the UK in 2021. Let's hope that their successors are as good.
83 & 97" screens are very niche though and won't fit in the average uk sized lounge.

65" has become standardized now and the 77" is the next step up for most people.

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
A 77” 1500 would be a blissful screen for a serious home cinema without having to have noisy projectors. And having the magnificent jet black of OLED.

It would (will) be my choice by the ending of the year.

davidcrofter

Very much doubt they will use TCL for their OLED models as they have outsourced LCD production before so I doubt anything will change from previous years.

They will probably do OK out of their LCD's if they are bringing their own processing to the party and not simply rebadging them.

Thatsnotmynaim

Distinguished Member

Thatsnotmynaim

Distinguished Member
As far as I heard it, they only outsourced the LCD- production but still make the OLEDs themselves.
Last year, but next year they will no longer make ANY TV themselves, was announced months back.

Thatsnotmynaim

Distinguished Member

fzst

Last year, but next year they will no longer make ANY TV themselves, was announced months back.
Really? oh that would be a shame. So the LZ series will already be made in other factories?
That's a bummer then, I don't know if I will trust the outsourced products to be the same quality as the current inhouse made ones... :(
I guess we will have to see... but this got my excitement about the upcoming 77" way down...

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix UK for February 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
iFi Audio launches ZEN One Signature DAC
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Rotel announces MKII versions of A12, CD14 and RCD-1572 devices
  • By Andy Bassett