NEWS: Panasonic HZ2000 and HZ1500 Dolby Atmos Upfiring OLEDs, plus HZ1000 OLED TV launched

RecklessCoding

Novice Member
Well we are 1,8-2m from our 65, no problem ;)

yeah 65 GZ960 is a steal now around 24k. That's 6k less than cheapest HZ1000 (kungstv introduction price)
Yes and the 55GZ960 is 14.5K. Not going to lie, while both are within my budget, the disproportionate price different is also giving me some thoughts for the 55. Mainly, as I just bought the house we are moving to (hence, new TV and furniture from scratched) and only today I started a new AB.

At least, I have finally settled on the model!

gbjbaanb

Waiting for Vincent to do a HZ1000 comparison to a Panny VT plasma. he has one, its just too big for him to set up by himself so if anyone is near Manchester - get round there, everyone wants the final comparison between the 120Hz BFI and Plasma motion!

wesslan

Lucky you, because of corona we (sweden/nordic countries) seem to get em later than first thought so I'll probably miss it on my vacation :(

John Hother

Lucky you, because of corona we (sweden/nordic countries) seem to get em later than first thought so I'll probably miss it on my vacation :(
You should receive your TV at the same time as I. I am Danish and it is Panasonic Nordic that handles the import.

wesslan

You should receive your TV at the same time as I. I am Danish and it is Panasonic Nordic that handles the import.
Talked to panasonic here and they said they "hoped" for early july but nothing was confirmed and at the same time did one of the biggest shops got the 20th as date from panny when they asked.

John Hother

Talked to panasonic here and they said they "hoped" for early july but nothing was confirmed and at the same time did one of the biggest shops got the 20th as date from panny when they asked.
The only ting I can say is, that my Pana Dealer today told me, that in his Pana System, the arrival of the HZ2000 is scheduled to July 7.

Lets us just hope for the very best

wesslan

Cool and I hope you are right. There is some comparison for HZ1000 to Sony A8 on hdtvtest now. Not everything but some notes on motion and dolby vision is in the review. I still feel good about the panny :)

John Hother

Cool and I hope you are right. There is some comparison for HZ1000 to Sony A8 on hdtvtest now. Not everything but some notes on motion and dolby vision is in the review. I still feel good about the panny :)

I hope so to.I feel very good about Panasonic. Actually this is my Panasonic number 14. I change my TV every year, just to see the changes. My present TV is a 65GZ2000, fantastic TV. I don´t really expect to observe any great changes.

Waynej

Distinguished Member
It seems I won't be upgrading from my FZ802 65" until 2022-2023?
Yeah, I am thinking the same too. The C9 and CX had crossed my mind for 2.1 gaming features with PS5 and Xbox Series X around the corner.

However, I had a C8 before this and the chrominance overshoot was a big deal breaker for me. I am surprised to see it still being prevelant in Vincent's comparisons with the new LG and Sony sets.

With that in mind I am more than happy with my FZ802, so I'll be sticking with it. I do have a weird fault that surfaces every few weeks at the moment, so will likely have to pursue a repair under John Lewis' 5-year warranty once the world goes a little bit more normal.

wesslan

This is interesting for those who wonder what the "sensing" and IQ does on 2020 models. I for one is very interested to have this set and forget mode on both SDR, HDR10 and DV.

In french so you need to translate:

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Surprised that no member has bought a new HZ1000 yet.
Actually I'm not. Given the uh worldwide events for one thing and the effect that will have on a lot of people's income. And given the fact that all you have to do is wait for a bit and that price will drop down too. I won't be paying near full price for a TV again that I will say!

SimonST

Going to be a toss-up between the HZ1000 and 2000 for me, although will need to be £2000 and £3000 respectively. With the newer panels apparently not going as bright, the 2000 might be worth the extra if they can keep it to the 900-1000 nits of the GZ2000, and hopefully the better uniformity of the pro panels, even if there are still some iffy ones.

MahaRaja

Actually I'm not. Given the uh worldwide events for one thing and the effect that will have on a lot of people's income. And given the fact that all you have to do is wait for a bit and that price will drop down too. I won't be paying near full price for a TV again that I will say!
Well, that hasn't stopped customers buying 2020 LG CX models.

nickj1000

Buying the HZ1000 in one year when the price drops. Seems to me they can't get much better and i could have bought last years, but this one has the swivel base

Smiffy 2

Are the "innards" of the 1000 & 1500 the same?
Got to be honest, I prefer the look of the 1000.