NEWS: Panasonic 2021 TV update brings full 4K resolution with VRR and HFR

basserphil

Hey LG, why can you not do this for your 2021 customers, who purchased hdmi 2.1 lcd tvs and you have not allowed vrr to be implemented....ps i own the 86" 85006la. Well done Panasonic by the way....good call.

BarryMcKelvey

Hi

I've just done a software check and my Panasonoc TX-65JZ2000B, it's stilling me that 3.070 is up to date :-(

Why isn't VRR available up to 120Hz?

Thanks in Advance

Barry :)

Fleaman101

Should do standard VRR up to 120 (less mage processing, if any) but VRR with DV only at 60.

Roll out could be regionalised for OTA but you may be able to download and USB install.

BarryMcKelvey

Hi

I managed to do the update via the Network Option. It's all installed :) I've noticed that 4K 120Hz Bypass Mode is Greyed Out :-(

Thanks in Advance

stephentw

I managed to do the update via the Network Option.
How out of interest? My JZ1500 isn't playing ball and thinks it's up to date already (it isn't).

Edit: scratch that, I tried to launch an app from the TV menu and it wouldn't let me without updating so for anyone having trouble updating via the manual search it seems launching a streaming app forces the update.

BarryMcKelvey

How out of interest? My JZ1500 isn't playing ball and thinks it's up to date already (it isn't).

Edit: scratch that, I tried to launch an app from the TV menu and it wouldn't let me without updating so for anyone having trouble updating via the manual search it seems launching a streaming app forces the update.
Hi

I'd updated via Network>Software Update.

Setup>System Menu>System Update, the update wouldn't show up via that route.

Nostromo71

Why did they have to go woke?
I think the days of Director‘s having some balls are over.

Hi

I managed to do the update via the Network Option. It's all installed :) I've noticed that 4K 120Hz Bypass Mode is Greyed Out :-(

Thanks in Advance

It needs to be fed a 120Hz signal before you can change it to 'On'

It was greyed out for me as well, but when I fed it a 120Hz signal from Assassin's Creed Odyssey on the Series X, I was able to change it.

stephentw

I could turn on the 120hz bypass by just changing the Xbox refresh rate to 120 in video settings. The TV info then pops up as 120hz and freesync premium. Then in the tv menu it was available to pick.

Nostromo71

Hi

Thanks in Advance

It was greyed out for me as well, but when I fed it a 120Hz signal from Assassin's Creed Odyssey on the Series X, I was able to change it.

BarryMcKelvey

Hi

The option for On was available once I'd turned on my PS5 and loaded up Call of Duty: Vanguard.

Thanks

BarryMcKelvey

I could turn on the 120hz bypass by just changing the Xbox refresh rate to 120 in video settings. The TV info then pops up as 120hz and freesync premium. Then in the tv menu it was available to pick.
Hi

I have a PS5, I have 120Hz refresh rate turned on in the game settings for Call of Duty: Vanguard. my TV would recognise 120Hz when I loaded up call of Duty: Vanguard. So, should I turn off 120Hz ByPass in the TV settings?

Thanks in Advance

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom