NEWS: Panasonic 2018 LED LCD TV Line-up revealed

RE: Panasonic TX-49FX750B Panel

Please can someone clarify whether the panel is 10 bit per digitalspecifications.com or 8bit +2bit FCR per Richer Sounds!

I'm trying to find this out from Panasonic.

Can you check what are your current settings for local dimming (High?, low?), please?

We had hopes that the new Local Dimming Pro feature can help with the gray bars you are noticing

Thanks

I've just replayed the same scene, the TV was automatically putting it into Dynamic so I changed to Cinema mode which looks loads better and the Adaptive backlight control is on Mid, changing it to min increases the light bleed and putting it to max I can't see much difference to mid in this environment.

Better news then. We'll wait for the professional reviews. Thank you again

I'll look forward to them as well, IF Panasonic or any stores lend them out unlike last year.

I'm trying to find this out from Panasonic.
Thanks, hope you are successful.
Last time I rang them with a technical question at the time of the launch, i.e. IPS or VA? panel they refused to give out any tech info so I haven't bothered them again. At that time DS said it was MVA and now we know it's an IPS so I don't trust DS saying it's a 10bit!.

Thanks, hope you are successful.
Last time I rang them with a technical question at the time of the launch, i.e. IPS or VA? panel they refused to give out any tech info so I haven't bothered them again. At that time DS said it was MVA and now we know it's an IPS so I don't trust DS saying it's a 10bit!.
I have access to people within Panasonic HQ so I bypass the support line, normally they give us stores info on each TV but there have been a few changes this year at Panasonic and things are taking longet than normal.

We received the 49/55 fx750 I managed to put out the 49 but felt really ill in the afternoon and had to go home, feeling good now so will go in, need to adjust some TV spaces and will unbox the 55.

Can't really say more as I haven't had time to look over them, it does look nice though.

@BigD18t - hope you are feeling better today and thank you for the impressions! :D :D :D :D

In your opinion - is it a step up from last years model - EX750B? :)

@BigD18t - hope you are feeling better today and thank you for the impressions! :D :D :D :D

In your opinion - is it a step up from last years model - EX750B? :)

Thanks, yes I am, was a very odd bug but enough to put me in bed for the evening.

Good question, I didn't really get time to compare the two, but I will Friday.

Good question, I didn't really get time to compare the two, but I will Friday.

It would be very interesting if you can check if the problems with last year HCX2 motion handling (stutter) with and without IFC activated have been solved (with the "new" HCX processor) or are less noticiable at least

Thank you

It would be very interesting if you can check if the problems with last year HCX2 motion handling (stutter) with and without IFC activated have been solved (with the "new" HCX processor) or are less noticiable at least

Thank you
I can try, what I'm I looking for and are there any sources I can use known to show the issue.

New FX700's review from flatpanelshd

Panasonic FX700 review - FlatpanelsHD

The results are very poor in almost every aspect ("..some of the worst HDR we have seen on any TV to date..", "...the TV still occasionally suffer from micro stutter - something that Panasonic has struggled with for years…", they say in the review). Neither Panasonic is able to overcome the inherent shortcomings of IPS panel.

I hope the FX750 is another story but the auguries are very worrying...

The results are very poor in almost every aspect ("..some of the worst HDR we have seen on any TV to date..", "...the TV still occasionally suffer from micro stutter - something that Panasonic has struggled with for years…", they say in the review). Neither Panasonic is able to overcome the inherent shortcomings of IPS panel.

I think that would be about expected. Last years model wasn't as good as seen in some reviews on s21 i.e. Panasonic TX-50EX700B review and best prices (EX700) | S21. - thats poor contrast, low brightness etc.

Here is hoping though that the 750b is a massive step up

@BigD18t - just wanted to check if you had any thoughts on the FX750B vs last years 750? :)

It's 2018, how can a new tv like the FX700 be such a disaster.? Is it possible that the FX750 could be any better?.
This review highlights how important it is to not rush into buying a new model without doing one's research including listening to the advice from this forums experts. I was hoping to upgrade my TV for the World Cup but now I think I will hold back until I see a 4 to 5 star (80%+) rating from 2 or more reviewers.

Last edited:
I think that would be about expected. Last years model wasn't as good as seen in some reviews on s21 i.e. Panasonic TX-50EX700B review and best prices (EX700) | S21. - thats poor contrast, low brightness etc.

Here is hoping though that the 750b is a massive step up

@BigD18t - just wanted to check if you had any thoughts on the FX750B vs last years 750? :)
Its nice to look at lol, I haven't had much time to compare the two, and I find it hard to not look at the OLED TV's, but I'm finding harder reach year to see why I would recommend a Panasonic TV over any of the others.

The only thing they have going really is the more natural looking picture IMO but everything else is just a let down, including their customer service, my next TV won't be a Panasonic.

@BigD18t thanks for getting back to me. I was and in a way looking forward to the FX750b (49 inch) only. I would love an Oled but price and space constraints means 49-50 inch is the biggest I could do.

Is it worth considering the FX750 (my old Panny LCD tx37g is still going strong-12 years later) or should I look to another brand?

Would also welcome views from anyone on this.

I have an answer regarding the panel, it is 8+2 panel.

Is this a bad thing? Is last years model 10 bit? My 12 yr old Panny LCD says that its true 10 bit :(

I had a look at displayspecifications.com and it states 10bit. Is this a case of marketing liberty?

Is this a bad thing? Is last years model 10 bit? My 12 yr old Panny LCD says that its true 10 bit :(

I had a look at displayspecifications.com and it states 10bit. Is this a case of marketing liberty?

Last years was also 8+2, apparently its designed to compete with the Samsung NU range and not the Qleds, which is kinda understandable as we have Oleds for that, As for it's it any better, I believe with a full 10bit panel more colours are available for HDR.

It's 2018, how can a new tv like the FX700 be such a disaster.? Is it possible that the FX750 could be any better?.
This review highlights how important it is to not rush into buying a new model without doing one's research including listening to the advice from this forums experts. I was hoping to upgrade my TV for the World Cup but now I think I will hold back until I see a 4 to 5 star (80%+) rating from 2 or more reviewers.

The issue it's that they have changed from VA panels to using IPS this year.

IPS panels do have advantages; the biggest being the viewing angles which are far superior to VA panels. They used to be good for 3d too as they enable passive 3d; no longer relevant.

I remember chatting to a Panasonic salesman in a store a few years ago (when they changed from IPS to VA) and he said he found it easier to sell IPS in-store as they tend to look very good in that environment as they don't wash out as you move around the shop.

The problem with IPS has always been the black levels; they are often an order of magnitude higher than those of a VA. Blacks will always look milky grey, and therefore be unsuitable for watching in a darker room and you lose a huge amount of detail below the "black floor".

The introduction of HDR content has exacerbated the issue as to give any sort of appropriate peak brightness the backlight has to be ramped up even higher, thus rendering the black levels even higher.

The only way to make an IPS panel function properly is with a very good, high zone count full array local dimming system; although even then with HDR they still can't pull it off (To my knowledge the only set that's ever made an IPS panel work for dark room viewing was the ax902 by Panasonic a number of years ago).

Suffice to say these sets don't have anything of the sorts. It's why LG don't send any of their (all IPS) LCD TVs out for review any more as they would get slaughtered by the tech press.

To my knowledge all sub-75" LCDs by Panasonic use an IPS display.

Unless the fx750/780 have an exceptional edge-lit dimming system that is beyond anything we've seen before (unlikely is my guess), these sets will only be suitable for those who only watch TV in a bright room, need good viewing angles and have no interest in HDR.

Hey guys.. just thought I'd check if anyone came across any new info for the FX750B?
John Lewis online - all sizes available so hoping 49" will be on display at my local Trafford Centre store soon. Watch this space!.

Hey guys, so I popped into JL to see if the 49FX750 was on display...and...it was! It also sat next to an OLED so it would make for an interesting comparison.

It does look sweet, well built and easily mistaken for an OLED. However, as there were only 10 mins left before JL closed, I had a quick look and I've also taken a few pictures.

TV navigation seems typical panasonic and easy to navigate.

On the sound front - the speakers (from what I could judge) got the job done and seemed natural enough.

On the picture front - I was keen to check the motion on the TV and opted to watch trailers for Batman vs Superman (as it's a dark movie) and also Pacific Rim. On both fronts, I was quite impressed with how smooth and silky the picture and motion looked, with no noticeable judder. I had a quick spin looking at the different viewing modes and opted for Cinema / True Cinema.
The picture by defauly didn't appear as sharp as say on a VA panel, but I felt it looked sharp and natural. There also appeared to be good contrast / blacks?

Now compared to an OLED, there is a clear winner - but I thought that the 49inch LCD was still quite impressive. I'm thinking of popping back tomorow and having another look at it. JL staff also suggested last year's QLED (49 inch) but that's not something I could check.

Pictures to follow:

Here are some pics, with the FX750 behind and the OLED infront. the OLED had Pacific RIm on repeat.. whereas I got someone from JL to change from Batman vs Superman to Pacific Rim. Colours are definitely more vibrant and blacks - black on the OLED, but I thought the FX750 still looked impressive? - thoughts guys?

Attachments

• IMAG1852.jpg
    IMAG1852.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 354
  • IMAG1853.jpg
    IMAG1853.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 345
  • IMAG1854.jpg
    IMAG1854.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 331
  • IMAG1855.jpg
    IMAG1855.jpg