NEWS: Oscars 2021: Stripped down ceremony sees Nomadland win best film

Delighted to see Another Round take an Oscar, but Collective really should have won for best documentary. It's still on iPlayer if anyone fancies it.

Much deserved by Anthony but stale Nomadland and nutty McDormand less so. The latter does get the award, though, for including her emptying her bowels; like some pointless and bizarre Wim Wenders choice, of how it is to be human.

Nomadland arriving on Disney Plus at the end of the week. We'll see what the fuss is all about.
Maybe they'll do a special version where she's revealed to be a superhero in a post credit scene?

Much deserved by Anthony but stale Nomadland and nutty McDormand less so. The latter does get the award, though, for including her emptying her bowels; like some pointless and bizarre Wim Wenders choice, of how it is to be human.

I can hardly wait!

This thread..

just for laughs woman GIF

Idiocracy was supposed to result after 500 years but somehow we've arrived after a few decades. All anyone needs to know about Nomadland is its notion that these van-squatters are likened to Western pioneers. Utter garbage and totally insulting to anyone who's ever persevered in search of a better life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nomadland will be one for me to jump to as part of my Oscar winning best films challenge, when it comes out on DVD. From the write up, it sounds like "The Littlest Hobo" but with a woman instead of a dog. :D

I suppose Anthony Hopkins surprise win ahead of Chadwick Boseman can be seen as a victory for Odin over the Black Panther
Excellent! Hadn't thought of it that way! :)

Nomadland over-hyped, promising young woman should have won. Pleased sound of metal won for sound.

We tuned out the cult of pompous, insufferable, blowhards.

Movie quality was already so bad that we only went to theaters a few times a year. We started to go to microbreweries instead - way more fun! Then came the plandemic. How can I cash out my AMC gift cards?

Well done Sir Anthony Hopkins on winning his second best actor Oscar award. One of the best actors of all time.

Well done Sir Anthony Hopkins on winning his second best actor Oscar award. One of the best actors of all time.
Didn't know you got an oscar for being second best actor
(Sorry couldn't resist awful dad joke)

Being reported far and wide, but its a dismal time for the Oscars

While it's true that Covid meant nobody really saw anything, one does wonder if they can ever recover from this as the industry continues to change out of recognition.

Being reported far and wide, but its a dismal time for the Oscars

While it's true that Covid meant nobody really saw anything, one does wonder if they can ever recover from this as the industry continues to change out of recognition.
Sticking it back on terrestrial TV would be a good start!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom