NEWS: Optoma launches CinemaX P2 UST laser projector

How noisy are these bad boys?

It’s a cheap (ish) way of getting a huge picture with the least hassle, but noise is what has stopped me getting a projector for the last ten years.

How noisy are these bad boys?

It’s a cheap (ish) way of getting a huge picture with the least hassle, but noise is what has stopped me getting a projector for the last ten years.

If its anything like the UHZ65UST, then I don't remember hearing much from it (the spec's show - Fan Noise @ 26/28dB (Normal/Max) which is about 4dB louder than the Panasonic PT-AT6000 and Sony VPL-HW65ES both in low lamp mode), So I'd say its quiet and like I said, I don't remember hearing much from it when I was messing with the it

Hi!
Can anyone know confirm that P2 can be ceiling mounted? Or does it have the same construction issue as P1 (which excluded ceiling mounting possibility).

I have one and it's simply stunning.

Hi Scott, are you based in Europe? Did you source your unit from the USA?

Can you give us a little more information in terms of the image quality and possibly a comparison with the UHZ65UST that it replaces?

Yrs I'm in UK and bought it here off eBay. I bought first one then they sold out, think they have 5 more in stock now. Well I've ordered the Nox screen paint as painted wall doesn't limit screen size and with these projectors you can watch say 100 inch tv then put a film on, pull it out further 3 inch an dx picture expands by 20 inch , it's amaizing.
Right now it's projecting on a crap beige wall and it's stunning, so bright and colourful and just as great as my full array samsung tv,my girlfriend says it's looks better, we all know that says something. Best thing I've ever bought for HT.

Hi Scott, are you based in Europe? Did you source your unit from the USA?

Can you give us a little more information in terms of the image quality and possibly a comparison with the UHZ65UST that it replaces?

A comparison would be great, from what I gather Optoma is still saying the UHZ65UST (known as Cinemax Pro in USA) is their flagship model. The P2 is more comparable to the P1 which was cheaper than the UHZ65UST and has less brightness output (3000 lumens vs 3500 lumens). The only thing that P2 seems to bring to the party is a different way of showing colours. I do own the UHZ65UST and until proven different still think it’s the superior model albeit a year old now. Certainly spec wise it beats the P2 in every way and again if you compare USA prices the Pro is still more expensive than the P2 which shows Optoma think it’s better too.

There is a comparison online p1 vs p2 and p2 has much better colours so think that's main difference.

The more relevant comparison for us in uk/Europe would be Cinemax P2 vs Cinemax Pro

The more relevant comparison for us in uk/Europe would be Cinemax P2 vs Cinemax Pro
20201004_134020.jpg

There is a comparison online p1 vs p2 and p2 has much better colours so think that's main difference

Scott, could you kindly provide a link to the comparison.

Any further references, experiences or reviews of the P2?

Are they both Native 4k not fake stuff?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom