NEWS: Optoma launch UHZ65 sub £5K native 4K Laser Projector

This looks interesting, was looking to possibly upgrade to the Epson TW9300, or the UHD65, do you guys think this could be worth saving the extra money for?

DCI-P3 coverage is rather poor I have to say

DCI-P3 coverage is rather poor I have to say

Yeah, I was thinking with all the 2K DI "4K movies" released these days, on something like this you don't get real 4K at all, you don't get HDR because even cinema PJs aren't bright enough, you don't get much extra wide colour gamut...

Peak output looks interesting for HDR. Will the black levels hold up (...or do I mean down) and will decent dynamic dimming of the laser be implemented? DCI-P3 coverage is bubbling under somewhat.

For the price, I would've liked to have a motorised lens.
But I will still consider the upgrade if I can get a deal (Black Friday maybe):)

This looks interesting, was looking to possibly upgrade to the Epson TW9300, or the UHD65, do you guys think this could be worth saving the extra money for?
We have a 10500 in our demo room, you could come and have a look at that and compare what the laser technology offers over something like the 9300 or UHD65. When this becomes available and we get a chance to take a look I'll be sure to post some thoughts. If it manages the same impressive comparative performance as the UHD65, there should be good things to be expected of this.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom