1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News on Francis Ford Coppola's "The Outsiders" Special Edition

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by jo_clarke88, Sep 4, 2003.

1. jo_clarke88

jo_clarke88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

I thought I would share this with you! It looks like concrete evidence of the commentary on the upcoming Warner Bros Special Edition of Francis Ford Coppola's "The Outsiders". (Probably Region 1 AND 2)!

It is an interview with Diane Lane, who played Cherry Valance in the movie, from a New York entertainment magazine called Gotham. In the article the Oscar nominated actress (Best Actress for "Unfaithful") refers to recording an audio commentary track for the Warner Bros Special Edition of Francis Ford Coppola's cult hit "The Outsiders". She mentions that other stars on the commentary are Patrick Swayze, Ralph Macchio, C. Thomas Howell etc (No Tom Cruise or Matt Dillon however).
    They had a GREAT time apparently and it indicates that it should be a good DVD set with rumors of a reunion documentary as well as the commentary.

Here is the link: http://www.gotham-magazine.com/gretchen.php

Thanks guys,

Regards,

2. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Never did like this film much. VERY melodramatic and grandious.

Interesting, if only to see the 'brat packers' when they were very young!

3. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    It's worth watching only as a companion piece to Rumblefish (as Coppola used the 2 adaptations to play around with styles, one mainstream :eek:ne avant-gardish) tho i have a mate who hates that and *loves* the Outsiders.

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.

regards,
    anephric

4. jo_clarke88

jo_clarke88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think I prefer "The Outsiders" to "RumbleFish" but I think both are great films. Just different! Sounds like a great DVD package though!:D