News of the World (Netflix) Movie Review & Comments

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Just watched this - thought it was good :thumbsup:

I don't normally care much for Westerns but this worked for me.

QuestShield

Distinguished Member
Was in the mood for a good Western - thought this was excellent and was engrossed from beginning to end. So was the wife so this film gets a well deserved 8.5/10 from Quest. Totally forgot Greengrass directed it until his name came up at the end. Top job.

goingoingong

Distinguished Member
Was in the mood for a good Western - thought this was excellent and was engrossed from beginning to end. So was the wife so this film gets a well deserved 8.5/10 from Quest. Totally forgot Greengrass directed it until his name came up at the end. Top job.
Yeah, he seems to have gotten over his shakycam addiction.
As a result it was possible to see the landscapes in all their glory. And there certainly was a lot of them :smashin:

Kapkirk

Soon as I saw it was Greengrass movie with Mr Hanks I went straight for it and watched it last night actually, and quite enjoyed it even if it was a little slow in places.
However I watched Greenland with Gerard Butler the night before (don't normally do disaster movies) and found it more enjoyable than NOTW

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Yeah, he seems to have gotten over his shakycam addiction.
As a result it was possible to see the landscapes in all their glory. And there certainly was a lot of them :smashin:
I have to admit, what with lockdown and not having done much travelling in the last year, I have really started appreciating the scenery in films a lot more. Fingers crossed that international travel will become more do-able for leisure purposes later this year 🤞

QuestShield

Distinguished Member
I liked the fact that though there were bad people who do bad things in the film, that nasty, cynical tone present in so many movies lately was missing, and yes, it may have been "your typical western fable" but in this trying times what's wrong with that? Gorgeous looking to boot.

StefanBFC

Watched this last night and thought it was an absolute cracker. Not sure I agree it was slow, I am the king of losing interest in a slow movie but this had me on the edge of my seat thinking just what was going to go wrong next.

Hanks was great as always but I really think that his co-star absolutely held her own and gave a such a great performance that sets the bar really high for what is expected from a child actor.

I loved taking in the scenery, I loved seeing the different towns and way of living, the ending was a bit Hollywood but honestly I am okay with that. 4/5.

This, just watched this tonight (without the wife)
Really enjoyed it, I don't know why but I think because I watched this alone it really captured me in.
I do love Hanks though, the man is just excellent in everything he does.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom