• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

News of the World (2020) Directed by Paul Greengrass

systemsdead

Distinguished Member
A Texan travelling across the wild West bringing the news of the world to local townspeople, agrees to help rescue a young girl who was kidnapped.

Tom Hanks stars in his first Western unless your counting Woody
It releases on Dec. 25, 2020
EjqJBgkWAAEAsN0.jpeg

EjqJBgkX0AAQMeW.jpegEjqJBgtXgAE85QR.jpeg
This might be an actual Hanks movie that I will like not holding my breath though.

Drax1

Distinguished Member
with that title was fully expecting a newsroom dramatisation of the sh*t rag :D
Yes, terrible title for UK residents. I love a good western though, possibly my favourite genre. Not so sure over that January date though...

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Is this where he travels across the US and then moves to the UK to form a piece of toilet paper sunday newspaper? :)

Garrett

sdw

Established Member
Now to be shown on Neflix early 2021 - was a New Years Day UK cinema release (excluding US which gets 25/12 cinema release followed by PVoD release min 17days after release)

Drax1

Distinguished Member
Now to be shown on Neflix early 2021 - was a New Years Day UK cinema release (excluding US which gets 25/12 cinema release followed by PVoD release min 17days after release)
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy we're getting to see it, but it saddens me as yet another I lose the cinema experience of. My Dad is responsible for me having a great love of the Western genre, and it's always a tradition that on the rare occasion one hits the flucks, we always go together...

gibbsy

Film is in the same vein as Hostiles and The Homesman with a brilliant performance by Tommy Lee Jones. I find Hanks a very watchable actor, probably because you know what you're going to get so this will be on my list when it comes to streaming or disc.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
On NF today people !!!
I enjoyed it, depends if you don't like Tom Hanks, i do. Not the most exciting of westerns.
Wish there was more interesting Native American Indian scenes, i understand they were in the background of this story 7/10

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom