NEWS: NOW TV streamlined to simply NOW in rebranding

Bet someone was paid a fortune for that idea.

Now TV or now called Now, should concentrate on their sound quality more than their name, even the 5.1 has the quietest dialogue out of all the streaming services, definitely not worth upgrading from stereo sound

You have to pay to upgrade the audio?

I'll say one thing, with boost the picture quality on both catch-up and live content is really very good, and that's on my 77" screen. At least as good as the satellite channels if not better. I had an offer on my account for 6 months half price entertainment so with boost that'll be £7.99pm, I can live with that when Sky gets cancelled next month, if I can get that offer again in 6 months that'll be £96 for now TV (sorry now) for the year , £59.99 for a years Disney+, £28 for 2 months Netflix to binge everything I want to watch and probably about £30 for a few months hbo max for so a total of about £210 for the year and way more content than I could possibly ever hope to watch. Bye bye Sky TV...

Last edited:
You have to pay to upgrade the audio?
That's what l said the paid up graded 5.1 is not that good Dialogue is a lot lower than say Netflix & Prime Video, Netflix & Prime has loud Dialogue but Now TV dialogue is not good considering its from a big company Sky

Not having an issue with quiet dialogue here , seems no different to other streaming services. This is using the native app on my Sony AG9 TV

Its like when they shortened, Emmerdale Farm to just Emmerdale!
Hours saved in our lives!

I'll say one thing, with boost the picture quality on both catch-up and live content is really very good, and that's on my 77" screen. At least as good as the satellite channels if not better. I had an offer on my account for 6 months half price entertainment so with boost that'll be £7.99pm, I can live with that when Sky gets cancelled next month, if I can get that offer again in 6 months that'll be £96 for now TV (sorry now) for the year , £59.99 for a years Disney+, £28 for 2 months Netflix to binge everything I want to watch and probably about £30 for a few months hbo max for so a total of about £210 for the year and way more content than I could possibly ever hope to watch. Bye bye Sky TV...
For over a year now I’ve been paying £5 pm for the entertainment pass and £5.99 pm for cinema. Each time the offer ends I got to cancel my subscription and then I’m offered the discount again. So, for £14 pm it’s possible to get entertainment, cinema and boost, which to me is outstanding value.

I have issues with the picture breaking up /pixellating/blocky on Nat Geo on live broadcasts at certain times, i reported this via the community,but they've said they haven't found any problem at their end,must be their rubbish app on my tv

My Roku now has the updated Now App and it's so slow.
Plus I can't find a way to get to an episode list on the Continue Watching list, so it keeps kicking into the end of the episode I've already watched.
You used to be able to get to this by hitting the back arrow on the remote, but that just takes you back to the app front page now.

I agree about the “continue watching” feature. It always starts me off in the last episode I watched, and no obvious way to carry on where I left off.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom