Quantcast

NEWS: NOW TV Boost adds Full HD and 5.1 audio

Jokerr

Is there anyway to edit or clear the “Continue Watching” content?

Jokerr

Jokerr

If you have a TV that supports GoogleCast will it stream at 1080p/5.1 with the Boost subscription?

my Sony AF9 Android TV had a firmware update today and am suddenly able to Cast NOWTV from my iPad. There is no resolution indication on the iPad or on the TV when casting.

no information if it will boost to 1080p/5.1 on NowTV’s website under FAQ’s.

Mallett94

I wondered what some other people's opinions are on the quality of the Superbowl on BBC One HD in 1080i/25hz Vs 1080p/50 on Sky Sports Main Event with boost pass?

I definitely think that the image is now sharper on NowTV with boost pass and also the motion is better due to the true 50 FPS progressive 1080 Vs 25 FPS interlaced (50 half frames - fields) 1080.

I prefer the punditry team on BBC though.

Jokerr

I have the NowTV Roku stick. On my mobile device i can see Cast icon to the NowTV stick. Is there anyway to turn this off via settings on NowTV stick as don’t want this option?

I checked and tried many settings including Advanced.

Buckster

Anyone using a PS4 with boost please ? Definitely getting 5.1 surround sound but sounds slightly odd almost like no LFE channel. Can't work out if it's something Pcm conveyed to DD or direct DD.

Not sure how to describe it - sounds much bette than non boost but sometimes sounds like some bass effects missing

Mallett94

I have the NowTV Roku stick. On my mobile device i can see Cast icon to the NowTV stick. Is there anyway to turn this off via settings on NowTV stick as don’t want this option?

I checked and tried many settings including Advanced.
Not that I know of I'm afraid.

Mallett94

Anyone using a PS4 with boost please ? Definitely getting 5.1 surround sound but sounds slightly odd almost like no LFE channel. Can't work out if it's something Pcm conveyed to DD or direct DD.

Not sure how to describe it - sounds much bette than non boost but sometimes sounds like some bass effects missing
Do you have you PS4 sound and screen settings > audio output set to HDMI and format priority Bitstream Dolby?

dazzlerb

Just a bit of information regarding the nowtv app on appletv. Nowtv released the app in Ireland and Italy but not uk for whatever reason. Interesting discussion going on here. I find it a joke that there able to do this.

dazzlerb

one of the guys on nowtv community just tweeted them asking what’s the situation regarding this and they replied with this.

Thanks for your feedback. We are currently working on launching this version of the app in the UK soon. However we have no solid date as of yet. Sorry for the frustration.

And yet as you can see in the nowtv thread I posted a person called nadine posted yesterday it wasn’t on the radar, a complete joke.

Jokerr

Does LG OLEDC7 support Boost quality for NowTV?

thank u

Trending threads

Top Bottom