NEWS: Netflix signs with Sony for first streaming rights in U.S.

I have sub for Netflix and Prime and i cant decide wich one is worst.
Content in general is werry bad with couple good shows.

Sony movies & Netflix hooking up. Yikes. That's going to produce some seriously ugly offspring...

Netflix needed something like this as relying on their own content, against Disney+ and HBO Max etc, was going to lead to disaster.

Given how Ted Sarandos and others from Netflix spoke about moving away from licensing and output deals, it's amusing seeing them sign a bog standard 'Pay 1' deal in the US given how much they were trumpeting their original movie slate at the beginning of the year - makes me wonder just how confident they are about their slate to go backwards and splash out for a pay 1 deal.

Sony probably had no end of suitors for this output deal and the first look deal appears to give them a great way of offloading stuff if they opt against a theatrical release so it'll be interesting to see what comes out of that part (Sky renewed with Sony last year so we know the theatrical titles will still end up there for the next few years).

I have sub for Netflix and Prime and i cant decide wich one is worst.
Content in general is werry bad with couple good shows.
What exactly do people want from these streaming platforms, every comment is the same on this site whether it's Disney+, Amazon, Netflix or Nowtv.

These services offer value for money subscription, a single Netflix or Prime subscription is the cost of 2 pints at the pub or 1 large Pizza, hardly earth shattering. If you want the best subscription package, then my advice would be to sign up for all the platforms for roughly £50 a month, then you'll pretty much have access to everything there is.

Coming to the uk when ? Or if ?

Netflix needed something like this as relying on their own content, against Disney+ and HBO Max etc, was going to lead to disaster.
Considering their OG films are generally terrible, they need good films on their service.
What exactly do people want from these streaming platforms, every comment is the same on this site whether it's Disney+, Amazon, Netflix or Nowtv.

These services offer value for money subscription, a single Netflix or Prime subscription is the cost of 2 pints at the pub or 1 large Pizza, hardly earth shattering. If you want the best subscription package, then my advice would be to sign up for all the platforms for roughly £50 a month, then you'll pretty much have access to everything there is.
I have no idea.

"My List" is a mile long with stuff I want to watch. Prime less so, but NF has TONNES of stuff I want to watch.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom