NEWS: Netflix gains record 15.8 million subscribers during lock down

Good for them, surprised it wasn't even more! maybe q2?

With all of this great revenue for them, I don't understand why they plan on putting their prices up in May. Especially during times of hardship. We are going to have to do more new van leasing to pay for it at this rate.

... and the prices will climb at a time when Netflix has halved its bitrates, with no sign of them returning to their firmer levels.

Clem

... and the prices will climb at a time when Netflix has halved its bitrates, with no sign of them returning to their firmer levels.

Clem

Yeah this is something that concerns me - for clarity I have absolutely no issue with needing to restrict in the current world situation, but if bit rates stayed the same when all was back to normal that would be very poor indeed.

Mind you, I doubt enough people have noticed the reduction in bit rates to make any difference. If they’ve got 15.8 million new subscribers, I doubt the amount of people who have noticed bit rate reduction is more than a few tens of thousands.

Now they just need to lift that bitrate restriction so those paying for the top tier are happy customers again.

The more impressive thing is that that they have issued a statement that says that non of their 2020 slate of content is affected by the shutdown, that everything is filmed and in post. They were well in to shooting 2021 content when they shutdown and the only place where filming is continue is Iceland and S Korea.

That's pretty incredible.

And after they viewed 'Contagion' 15 million cancelled their subscription. 😁

Clem

I cancelled mine because I only got it to access 4K shows in full bit rate and let's be honest 90 percent of the shows on there are utter shite. Even worse the selection of movies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom