NEWS: Naim updates Mu-so wireless speaker to second generation

How is this as a TV SOUNDBAR?
For those who wish to use the second generation Mu-so in their home theatre setup, there’s an HDMI-ARC socket, so you can feed TV audio through the device.

Good to see this being updated, but blimey are these one-point systems getting more and more expensive. Of course, they're getting more capable I guess, but still.

The B&W formation stuff includes the Wedge, effectively a replacement for the Zeppelin type of product, and is close to a grand. B&O also do some fab one point systems, and the updated versions are 1500-2000.

I guess these companies know their market etc etc - but while I've spent 1500-ish on a couple of these (B&O) for different rooms, and not willing to do Sonos etc, I can think of a few friends looking to kit out their new homes, and not short of money, but will balk at the idea of parking their existing Zeppelin, and buying 2 or 3 of these newer updated units at (roughly) 1k each.

Sounds like a nice update & would likely have considered if I'd not recently bought a set of KEF LSX which are proper stereo, stunning sound and under £1000.

Good to see this being updated, but blimey are these one-point systems getting more and more expensive. Of course, they're getting more capable I guess, but still.

The B&W formation stuff includes the Wedge, effectively a replacement for the Zeppelin type of product, and is close to a grand. B&O also do some fab one point systems, and the updated versions are 1500-2000.

I guess these companies know their market etc etc - but while I've spent 1500-ish on a couple of these (B&O) for different rooms, and not willing to do Sonos etc, I can think of a few friends looking to kit out their new homes, and not short of money, but will balk at the idea of parking their existing Zeppelin, and buying 2 or 3 of these newer updated units at (roughly) 1k each.

Can't speak for this but I had a Zeppelin on demo for a couple of week & returned as disappointed. The KEF LSX are cheaper than these & they blow the Zeppelin out of the park.

Can't speak for this but I had a Zeppelin on demo for a couple of week & returned as disappointed. The KEF LSX are cheaper than these & they blow the Zeppelin out of the park.

No disagreement there - I think these one point systems / speakers are very limited, although I guess they have their place. All these reviews say "room filling sound", which makes me laugh.

I do have 2 B&O one-point speakers / systems in secondary rooms, and they're pretty damn good for what they are, but they're closer to 2k than 1k. And I'd never use these things for primary listening, proper stereo required for that.

Guess my broader point was that for those who've gotten used to looking at the "better" one point systems, like the better B&W's for example, they're just getting more and more expensive.

Not that a pair of HomePods, or Sonos 5's etc, are cheap.

Hope av forums manage to get one of these to review, im very interested to know how this performs as a soundbar, against a high end Soundbar

I've got a Muso and it's very capable both as a soundbar and as a streaming music system, however the £900 i paid for it probably took it slightly out of the range of what i would deem a good value for money proposition and into the realms of expensive (it is good though remember!). So seeing the new model priced at £1300 it really makes me balk at the price because no matter how good it is it can't be £1300 good when that amount gets you well on the way to good hi-fi...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom