NEWS: NAD launches T 758 V3i surround sound receiver

kahlua

looks like the only change from the v3 is airplay 2 and siri ?

Phil1975

Distinguished Member
No HDMI 2.1 option? Even at least one? Or is that coming further down the line as a paid upgrade?

Phil1975

Distinguished Member
Shame they don’t do a 11 channel version as that’s all I need for my room.

Hoku

Shame they didn’t copy the case design of the T778 and just downgrade the internals. A much smarter modern design. The T758 doesn’t look particularly new does it? Bit of an ugly duckling compared to the T778 swan.

ti33er

Will be interested to see what the new MASTER Series comes with ...amplifiers may be the new Eigentakt; rumour Bruno Putzeys was working with them

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
I
No HDMI 2.1 option? Even at least one? Or is that coming further down the line as a paid upgrade?
I asked them a while ago about this and they said it could happen but wasn't on the roadmap as demand wasn't very high for it.

For me, it would make this the perfect amp. I don't need the performance of the T778 but at the moment it's the next amp i'll buy. A T758 with eARC would be perfect for my needs!

mistuk

It seems madness not to include HDMI2.1 on this receiver! Really want something that’s truly musical as well as good at AV - and not prepared to invest in something at this stage without HDMI 2.1

pressure

Just seen this story. Glad they’re keeping this around. At £1300 this is a real bargain. My non-i 758 has been utterly transformative for my system.

ashenfie

I

I asked them a while ago about this and they said it could happen but wasn't on the roadmap as demand wasn't very high for it.

For me, it would make this the perfect amp. I don't need the performance of the T778 but at the moment it's the next amp i'll buy. A T758 with eARC would be perfect for my needs!
I might not be a pretty amp but I will sound perfect with the light down. I purchased my ARCAM because like NAD they don't release a new AV every year meaning the support/updates and 2nd value hold much better than others.

I guess they will do a eArch and support HDMI 2.1 for those who want these feature. I have them but have never used them and I guess with the faulty HDMI 2.1 few do need this or want this. I use ATV rather than rely on Arc/eArc.

The OP hinted at 9.2 which would nice and that could be an issue too. They could also consider 5.1.4 Yamaha RX-A2A @£900

Personally for £1300 I would go with the NAD as a fairly problem free upgradable solution

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom