NEWS: Monitor Audio announces Bronze Series speaker 6th generation

Interesting that they are now producing an Atmos speaker, as previously they said they woudn't. (Will be intersting to see if new ones are introduced for their other ranges)
Also not sure but I think that it is only the Apex range that is left to be updated now.

Bill

Last edited:
I actually like the idea of a contrasting baffle, although it would be nice to see more photos than the teaser provided to decide how successfully implemented they are.

Although it doesn’t apply quite so much in this instance because the Bronze range has entirely vinyl finishes, I think it makes a lot of sense with real wood finishes to have an entirely black baffle that isn’t so affected by sun bleaching.

Look through Ebay’s array of used speakers and many wood baffles will have sun-bleaching damage, particularly where the speaker grills don’t cover the whole surface area of the baffle. You can easily see owners who have chosen to keep the grills on for the life of the speaker.

I’d like to see the grey finish with light grey baffle. Could be smart. I do think that the Silver range is the sweet spot in MA’s range though, in terms of price and performance.

Bronze speakers were already good lookers ( Walnut colour:eek:) but the new design looks very modern and sleek!
Interested to see Atmos speaker in action.

Just a bit of buyers remorse here since I bought the Bronze 5s with a centre and two pairs of FX speakers (that are joined by 4 x CT165s and a BK P12-300SB-PR) only in November, but I did get a pretty good deal with an AVR. I guess the retailers were aware of the imminent release of the 6th series (I guess we all suspected) and prices were dropping.

I'm loving my setup so far however, using a Denon X4500H and a Tibo PA150. One day I might want to upgrade the 5s to silvers or golds for the nicer finish and for and improvement to music, but in no rush to right now.

I didn't previously like how the bronze 2 tweeter and port surround were cut off by the woofer, this looks much nicer, like the silver series.

Well are these in a matt design and not wood vinyl?

I’ve been toying with a 5.1 silver setup now for a month or so. Looking at the 300 fronts, 350 centre and fxv2 rears.

anyone think the bronze 500 would be a better choice?

I’ve been toying with a 5.1 silver setup now for a month or so. Looking at the 300 fronts, 350 centre and fxv2 rears.

anyone think the bronze 500 would be a better choice?
Not sure exactly what the specific size variations will be, but aim for a speaker size that suits the room size and volume you want. I was told by several different retailers that the Bronze 6s would not be as suitable as the 5s for my room as its not a large room and I don't have the volume up very loud (due to neighbours) - they wouldn't sound as good at lower volumes.

Just a bit of buyers remorse here since I bought the Bronze 5s with a centre and two pairs of FX speakers (that are joined by 4 x CT165s and a BK P12-300SB-PR) only in November, but I did get a pretty good deal with an AVR. I guess the retailers were aware of the imminent release of the 6th series (I guess we all suspected) and prices were dropping.

I'm loving my setup so far however, using a Denon X4500H and a Tibo PA150. One day I might want to upgrade the 5s to silvers or golds for the nicer finish and for and improvement to music, but in no rush to right now.

That's a very good setup sir. I was very close buying the very same package in November as well however changed my mind to Marantz SR 6013 + Tannoy Revolution XF6T + BK P12SB-PR. Worked out £250 more (£520 if you add rears) than X4500H + Bronze 5.1 package

Well current bronze series is really good, especially for the price. so if they can make it better, then it will be even better in price/perf. Love my Bronze home cinema (i use 1's for rears and not fx's) and wouldn't even think of changing anything. Most upgrades that would give better performance are 1.5-2x or even more expensive. Would like to see/hear their atmos modules though.

If the Bronze B2s that I had years ago were anything to go by (and the Silver 100s I have in my living room system), these will be absolutely brilliant for the money.

I don't like the black baffle though. I think even fake wood veneers look nicer when the whole speaker is covered. But I suppose they need to differentiate from their Silver and upward models somehow!

After just buying my Bronze 2/Centre/Fx package a few weeks ago, all I can say is.........................
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHH! 😭😭

Had I paid full retail, would be more gutted, but got a great deal, but I was looking at the Q Audio as I liked the grey!!

Where's the Valium!? 😒

The current bronze range are very good but not in the same league as the old gold gr and gs range which can be bought for similar money.

the bronze 2 are £249 new, the superior but much older gold reference 10 are £185-£275. a nice pair went on eBay yesterday for £185.

i don't like the random-like holes around the tweeter copied from the silver 6g range.. does the pattern make any difference..

The current bronze range are very good but not in the same league as the old gold gr and gs range which can be bought for similar money.

the bronze 2 are £249 new, the superior but much older gold reference 10 are £185-£275. a nice pair went on eBay yesterday for £185.

i don't like the random-like holes around the tweeter copied from the silver 6g range.. does the pattern make any difference..

Yeah, I was looking at the older BX range before buying mine. Not too bothered, but scared I will really like the new look! 😱

I quite like the look of mine, have them in the walnut. Consoling myself with the fact they are covered by the covers most of the time! 😁

New Bronze serie was shown in the Bristol hifi show, prices are out too! Few things that were missing from AVF report.

Even the dimensions are new, with the new cabinets generally a little larger than the equivalents from the previous generation. The Bronze 100, the bigger of the two standmounters and arguably the core model in the range, is in fact dimensionally identical to the Silver 100, so a fair bit larger than the Bronze 2 it replaces. It features a larger driver, too - an 8in, single-piece C-CAM dome rather than the 6.5in unit of before. Monitor Audio is keen to point out that this isn't a cost-reduced Silver driver, but a custom, bespoke Bronze driver.

The entry-level Bronze 50 is bigger and more of a 'proper' stereo speaker than the outgoing Bronze 1, too, which was often thought of as more of a satellite speaker for surround systems.

The C-CAM gold dome tweeter also now features a uniform dispersion waveguide for greater dispersion of sound. It sits behind a new version of the honeycomb-speckled grille first seen on the Silver range. Monitor Audio is keen that its speakers be instantly recognisable, and it seems that this tweeter grille is key to that.

Bronze 50 standmounter - £260
Bronze 100 standmounter - £325
Bronze 200 floorstander - £570
Bronze 500 floorstander - £770
Bronze C150 centre - £175
Bronze W10 subwoofer - £525
Bronze FX surround - £300
Bronze AMS Atmos topper - £300

BgW9iHh2SfunDMHH6sfBp-970-80.jpg

3bCLz8FigjuSCPMmdt8gH3-970-80.jpg

they look good but they are no longer budget priced speakers with those price hikes.

they look good but they are no longer budget priced speakers with those price hikes.

Yes, it´s good that there is now gap to cheaper Monitor range. Manufacturer can build better speakers when given higher budget to work with.

I'm intrigued by these new speakers. I was poised to buy the Dali Oberon 5, but I'm wondering whether the new Bronze 200 or 500 floorstanders might be better and they're in the same price bracket. Pity they're not in the shops until May.

I'm intrigued by these new speakers. I was poised to buy the Dali Oberon 5, but I'm wondering whether the new Bronze 200 or 500 floorstanders might be better and they're in the same price bracket. Pity they're not in the shops until May.

If you go to local RS or similar store and ask to listen Bronze 5, Silver 200 and Oberon 5 you will have your answers. Dali certainly has bit more "hotter" top end, so you should get a general sense which sound signature you prefer, MA or Dali. Oberon costs 700£ pair, SSAV has Silver 200 ex demos for 800£ and Gumtree 650£ so you wouldn´t need to wait Bronzes if you prefer MAs. Silver range competes with Opticons, one range higher from Oberon.

First "hands on" review is out for Bronze 100s by WhatHifi.

Why do they not make active or powered versions with DAC/streaming etc?

If you go to local RS or similar store and ask to listen Bronze 5, Silver 200 and Oberon 5 you will have your answers. Dali certainly has bit more "hotter" top end, so you should get a general sense which sound signature you prefer, MA or Dali. Oberon costs 700£ pair, SSAV has Silver 200 ex demos for 800£ and Gumtree 650£ so you wouldn´t need to wait Bronzes if you prefer MAs. Silver range competes with Opticons, one range higher from Oberon.

First "hands on" review is out for Bronze 100s by WhatHifi.
Thanks for the advice, I'll do that. I listened to an Opticon 5 at RS recently, and whilst I liked the extended high frequencies due to the ribbon tweeter I felt that the bass dropped off compared to the cheaper Oberon 5, so to my ears the Oberon seemed the more well balanced. It would be interesting to listen to the Silver 200 as a comparison.

Good to see that the new Bronze 100 is getting a favourable response.

I listened to the Bronze 100 (I think) with a Roksan amp and cd player at the Bristol show, and they sounded fantastic. One of the better demos of the show IMHO.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom