Quantcast

NEWS: Monitor Audio announces Bronze Series speaker 6th generation

Abacus

Interesting that they are now producing an Atmos speaker, as previously they said they woudn't. (Will be intersting to see if new ones are introduced for their other ranges)
Also not sure but I think that it is only the Apex range that is left to be updated now.

Bill

Last edited:

Hoku

I actually like the idea of a contrasting baffle, although it would be nice to see more photos than the teaser provided to decide how successfully implemented they are.

Although it doesn’t apply quite so much in this instance because the Bronze range has entirely vinyl finishes, I think it makes a lot of sense with real wood finishes to have an entirely black baffle that isn’t so affected by sun bleaching.

Look through Ebay’s array of used speakers and many wood baffles will have sun-bleaching damage, particularly where the speaker grills don’t cover the whole surface area of the baffle. You can easily see owners who have chosen to keep the grills on for the life of the speaker.

I’d like to see the grey finish with light grey baffle. Could be smart. I do think that the Silver range is the sweet spot in MA’s range though, in terms of price and performance.

Eugene Zekai

Standard Member
Bronze speakers were already good lookers ( Walnut colour:eek:) but the new design looks very modern and sleek!
Interested to see Atmos speaker in action.

Jeek

Just a bit of buyers remorse here since I bought the Bronze 5s with a centre and two pairs of FX speakers (that are joined by 4 x CT165s and a BK P12-300SB-PR) only in November, but I did get a pretty good deal with an AVR. I guess the retailers were aware of the imminent release of the 6th series (I guess we all suspected) and prices were dropping.

I'm loving my setup so far however, using a Denon X4500H and a Tibo PA150. One day I might want to upgrade the 5s to silvers or golds for the nicer finish and for and improvement to music, but in no rush to right now.

cns

Novice Member
I didn't previously like how the bronze 2 tweeter and port surround were cut off by the woofer, this looks much nicer, like the silver series.

chavo

I’ve been toying with a 5.1 silver setup now for a month or so. Looking at the 300 fronts, 350 centre and fxv2 rears.

anyone think the bronze 500 would be a better choice?

Jeek

I’ve been toying with a 5.1 silver setup now for a month or so. Looking at the 300 fronts, 350 centre and fxv2 rears.

anyone think the bronze 500 would be a better choice?
Not sure exactly what the specific size variations will be, but aim for a speaker size that suits the room size and volume you want. I was told by several different retailers that the Bronze 6s would not be as suitable as the 5s for my room as its not a large room and I don't have the volume up very loud (due to neighbours) - they wouldn't sound as good at lower volumes.

Eugene Zekai

Standard Member
Just a bit of buyers remorse here since I bought the Bronze 5s with a centre and two pairs of FX speakers (that are joined by 4 x CT165s and a BK P12-300SB-PR) only in November, but I did get a pretty good deal with an AVR. I guess the retailers were aware of the imminent release of the 6th series (I guess we all suspected) and prices were dropping.

I'm loving my setup so far however, using a Denon X4500H and a Tibo PA150. One day I might want to upgrade the 5s to silvers or golds for the nicer finish and for and improvement to music, but in no rush to right now.
That's a very good setup sir. I was very close buying the very same package in November as well however changed my mind to Marantz SR 6013 + Tannoy Revolution XF6T + BK P12SB-PR. Worked out £250 more (£520 if you add rears) than X4500H + Bronze 5.1 package

weecka

Standard Member
Well current bronze series is really good, especially for the price. so if they can make it better, then it will be even better in price/perf. Love my Bronze home cinema (i use 1's for rears and not fx's) and wouldn't even think of changing anything. Most upgrades that would give better performance are 1.5-2x or even more expensive. Would like to see/hear their atmos modules though.

Howard0000

If the Bronze B2s that I had years ago were anything to go by (and the Silver 100s I have in my living room system), these will be absolutely brilliant for the money.

I don't like the black baffle though. I think even fake wood veneers look nicer when the whole speaker is covered. But I suppose they need to differentiate from their Silver and upward models somehow!

Eastcoast cruiser

Novice Member

After just buying my Bronze 2/Centre/Fx package a few weeks ago, all I can say is.........................
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHH! 😭😭

Had I paid full retail, would be more gutted, but got a great deal, but I was looking at the Q Audio as I liked the grey!!

Where's the Valium!? 😒

password1

The current bronze range are very good but not in the same league as the old gold gr and gs range which can be bought for similar money.

the bronze 2 are £249 new, the superior but much older gold reference 10 are £185-£275. a nice pair went on eBay yesterday for £185.

i don't like the random-like holes around the tweeter copied from the silver 6g range.. does the pattern make any difference..

Eastcoast cruiser

Novice Member
The current bronze range are very good but not in the same league as the old gold gr and gs range which can be bought for similar money.

the bronze 2 are £249 new, the superior but much older gold reference 10 are £185-£275. a nice pair went on eBay yesterday for £185.

i don't like the random-like holes around the tweeter copied from the silver 6g range.. does the pattern make any difference..
Yeah, I was looking at the older BX range before buying mine. Not too bothered, but scared I will really like the new look! 😱

I quite like the look of mine, have them in the walnut. Consoling myself with the fact they are covered by the covers most of the time! 😁

Trending threads

Top Bottom