News: Mission launches LX MkII speakers

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
These could become big hit if they are marketed hard! Now with rounded front part of cabs and better overall look to boxy LX mk1. Also they have Atmos speakers which i assume can be wall mounted as heights aswell (?) and two center channels, two things that Q Acoustics weren´t intrested to introduce as i chatted with them. Hats off for the guys at Mission especially for the larger center channel option! I assume the speaker designer is same person who designs all Q Acoustics speakers, at least it has been earlier and with the facilities behind IAG group.. Let`s hope @Steve Withers will get these for test as there is lot of people at AVF who are looking budget speakers. :)

@password1 must be hyped for the news of this new range? 🤓

meagabyte

May have to chop my Kef Rs in for these lol

password1

One slight problem. The lx1 mark 2 is about double the price of the mark 1's!!!

It's been a relatively long wait for new Mission speakers compared to 'old' Mission speakers.

I look forward to some reviews and comparisons with the mark 1 lx range and bronze 5g and/or 6g ranges.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
One slight problem. The lx1 mark 2 is about double the price of the mark 1's!!!

It's been a relatively long wait for new Mission speakers compared to 'old' Mission speakers.

I look forward to some reviews and comparisons with the mark 1 lx range and bronze 5g and/or 6g ranges.
You probably compared to old prices before going discontinued. When it was released LX2 cost 200£, new mk2 now 229£ so quite modest bump.

Always nice to see new models! More head scratching for members as what to pick. 🤯

Helix Hifi

Hey guys, here in Norway Mission have always been sort of forgotten gem in the hifi community. So I’m wondering what house sound does Mission have? Warm to relatively neutral, or super fast bright edgy sound?

Last edited:

Paul7777x

I assume the original LX series was a big success, hence the MK2 and the extended range.

Peter Comeau is no design slouch, so I imagine these will be top class bargains again.

Paul7777x

Do they sound warm and relaxing, Paul?
I haven’t heard them sir.

All I can say is that I’ve never heard a bad word of any of Peter Comeau’s speakers, either at IAG or elsewhere.

His kit speaker designs from a good while back were also well loved.

Helix Hifi

No, problem. I see there are great deals on some Mission models here in Scandinavia. 30 percent to 50 percent discount. But I need to order them from Sweden, and there’s a long waiting time. So popular speakers.