• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

NEWS: McIntosh launches MTI100 turntable

xxGBHxx

So far out of my price range it's not funny but it's a thing of beauty. One day my numbers might come up and I can buy things for their aesthetic qualities and be damned with the price...

G

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
Technically NOT a Turntable as it has Amplfiers and Speaker Terminals. That would make it a Record Player.

Steve/bluewizard

steve sph

Distinguished Member
As Andy's opening piece states, this may find favour with the 'I can't be arsed with all those separates because that means having to read loads of reviews and do some thinking/ I live in a shoe box' crowd, (all they'll need is some bluetooth speakers and it's job done), but I can't help thinking just how good a separates system you could buy with the best part of eight grand.
And it would probably sound a whole lot better.
I wouldn't call it pointless, but I'd certainly argue there are better ways to spend your money.

xxGBHxx

McIntosh and Thing of Beauty - two things not often seen together in the same sentence!

LOL audio quackery and price aside I LOVE the look of McIntosh stuff. I've said before I have a thing for the needles - though to be fair it would probably be cheaper to start a modest heroin habit too feed that ;)

G

LAMitchell

£8k, moving magnet cartridge, budget tonearm and an AC motor. Don't get it, seem very over priced and designed for a specific market. very little way to upgrade in future and eggs all in the one basket. Proof would be in the listening but I'm guessing shop around and you could get something far superior taking up not much more space.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Value is a relative thing. If you have very deep pockets then this solution would seem to be a bargain. Funny how things come full circle -- many years ago, a record player would have turntable, amp. and speaker (two if you were lucky), the all-in-one solution. Here we are, in 2019, and the need for separate speakers aside, back where we were in the 1950s.

Clem

robotron

Yikes, that's one ugly looking piece of kit. Looks like a 12 year old who drinks too much Monster Energy drink designed it.

dazed&confused

Value is a relative thing. If you have very deep pockets then this solution would seem to be a bargain. Funny how things come full circle -- many years ago, a record player would have turntable, amp. and speaker (two if you were lucky), the all-in-one solution. Here we are, in 2019, and the need for separate speakers aside, back where we were in the 1950s.

Clem

Maybe they should include two small, open-baffle speakers that form a detachable lid, to resemble the 'stereo-gram' that my parents had when I was a nipper. They could even throw in a free record from someone like 'Gentleman' Jim Reeves.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom