NEWS: Marantz unveils new flagship AV8805A AV pre-amplifier

dante01

Distinguished Member
Not really a new model and it's the same AV8805 processor with a new HDMI version 2.1 board, the same board existing owners can pay £680 to have their existing processor upgraded with:

The only thing that differentiates it from the older model is that the upgrade is pre installed when you buy it.

Last edited:

meep

I wont be upgrading my 8805 as I have nothing else in my system that would benefit, so I'd be splashing out €749 just to future-proof the unit, with no immediate benefit to me.

If the upgrade was closer to ~€400, I'd consider it.

Publicnme2273

No. The paid upgrade board will simply include one 8K/60Hz 4K/120Hz enabled input. You'd basically get the same as you'd have gotten had you bought the AVC-A110.
Thanks for the reply buddy. That's a lot of money for just 1 input. Will all the inputs be 8k on the new 8805a release? Thanks

Publicnme2273

Again, just one inputs will be 8K compliant on the models with the boards preinstalled.
Oh , so not missing out on much then. Will need to get an 8k tv before it's any good upgrading, unless the òffer for the upgrade is for a limited time only.

dante01

Distinguished Member
The upgrade would also facilitate passing through 4K/120Hz video which is what the new gen games consoles are potentially able to output in association with games encoded as such. The TV itseld would still need to be equipped with HDMI version 2.1 though in order to benefit from the new HDMI version 2.1 games orientated features associated with HDMI version 2.1. The TV doesn't need to be an 8K model to include HDMI version 2.1 or to have the ability to utilise many of the games related HDMI version 2.1 features.

Last edited:

Publicnme2273

The upgrade would also fascilitate passing through 4K/120Jz video which is what the new gen games consoles are potentially able to output in association with games encoded as such. THe TV itseld would still need to be equipped with HDMI version 2.1 though in order to benefit from the new HDMI version 2.1 games features associated with HDMI version 2.1. The TV doesn't need to be an 8K model to include HDMI version 2.2 or to have the ability to utilise manuy of the hames related HDMI version 2.1 features.
Thanks, didn't think of that.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung HW-S60A + LG SP8YA soundbar & KEF LS50 Wireless II Reviews: Movie & TV Show News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom