NEWS: Marantz launch high-end SR8012 AV Receiver

Mark, When can we expect the new Denon flagship? And will there be any major upgrades from the X7200wa? Cheers

Interesting to see how the SR8012 will be positioned vs any new Denon flagship avr. On paper this looks superb, i hope it sounds as such, as well :)

this is more like it marantz,cant wait for some reviews of this beast.:clap:

A worthwhile upgrade from SR7011?

Interesting to see how the SR8012 will be positioned vs any new Denon flagship avr. On paper this looks superb, i hope it sounds as such, as well :)

It should fall just below the upcoming AVRX7400 and above the AVRX6400. The 7400 will be a 13 channel integrated receiver though. You're not going to get the toroidal PSU you get onboard the Marantz with any of the DEnon models.

It is a model that will be placed higher up than the 7011. There's a 7012 model that is comparable to the 7011 and replaces it. The SR8012 is the new flagship model.

I am going to opine that probably not. Especially if you got the SR7011 for the current price of £899, that is a considerable amount less than the £2,699 retail price of the SR8012. I would say that that £1800 price difference would be better spent on power amps or integrated amps added to the SR7011.

It should fall just below the upcoming AVRX7400 and above the AVRX6400. The 7400 will be a 13 channel integrated receiver though. You're not going to get the toroidal PSU you get onboard the Marantz with any of the DEnon models.

Maybe I'm just being argumentative, but with the anticipated official announcement of the X8500H, I don't think the X7400 qualifies any longer for the status of "flagship".

Also, back to main topic, in North America the SR8012 is supposed to release sometime in November.

Maybe I'm just being argumentative, but with the anticipated official announcement of the X8500H, I don't think the X7400 qualifies any longer for the status of "flagship".

Not really, given that the X8500H is more than likely what most people were relating to when previously refering to the AVRX7400. This appears to be placed above the X6400 and without any mention of a 7400 model.

Not really, given that the X8500H is more than likely what most people were relating to when previously refering to the AVRX7400. This appears to be placed above the X6400 and without any mention of a 7400 model.

Oh good, it's not just me. Here I am looking around like an idiot going "wtf is a 7400?"

Oh good, it's not just me. Here I am looking around like an idiot going "what the fudge is a 7400?"

Neither model technically exists, not until Denon officially announce them. I do know that they were/are planning to replace the AVRX7200 early next year. I'd surmise that the x8500 is its replacement?

Although, yes, D+M still has yet to offer any "official" announcement.

I think that they have indicated to some retailers that a new model is on the way and it was already known that this model would be a 13 channel integrated model. This has been known for quite some time now.

No mention of which EQ it will use - presume it is Audyssey XT32. I'm interested if this shares any features with the upcoming AV880x.

George

Yes,XT32.I am a bit sceptical about its power capabilies,though.11 channels and 17 kilos,its not a impressive spec for a class A/B design.

Can anyone confirm this is 13.2 with added amplification for the two extra channels? I'm hearing conflicting reports... I want to buy it, but if it isn't I might just buy the 7012.

Can anyone confirm this is 13.2 with added amplification for the two extra channels? I'm hearing conflicting reports... I want to buy it, but if it isn't I might just buy the 7012.

EDIT

Despite what has been posted both elsewhere on this board and on other forums, Marantz themselves do not give any indication that this receiver can process more than 11 channels simultaneously:

Marantz UK | SR8012

Besides which, it only has 11 pre outs excluding the sub pre outs and additional zone pre outs.

snapshot001.jpg

Last edited:
Bon!

Means the 7011 should drop further in price. Be a nice upgrade from my 5010.

EDIT

Despite what has been posted both elsewhere on this board and on other forums, Marantz themselves do not give any indication that this receiver can process more than 11 channels simultaneously:

Marantz UK | SR8012

Besides which, it only has 11 pre outs excluding the sub pre outs and additional zone pre outs.

View attachment 926884

Thank you, appreciate it.

The weight is only 17kg? That can't be right can it?
My old 7 channel Denon AVC-A1HD was 28Kg and this looks to offer similar internal construction.

Still, I'm sick of the additional complexity that adding a power amp brings to my Yamaha 3050, and I'm a big believer in shortening the signal path, so adding power amps is not always the best solution if you don't intend to listen at near reference levels.

I've always liked the look of Marantz AV receivers too, and they have reputation for sounding musical.... my main priority.

It seams perfect for my needs. I don't think I'm going to be able to resist this one!
I might even pre-order and put my 3050 and Rotel RB-1552 MkII power amp in the classifieds.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom