NEWS: Marantz announces AV7706 8K AV surround pre-amplifier

mtenga

Distinguished Member
Monoprice htp-1 is ideal in that regard, no on-screen...hdmi is just a switch then?
The audio processing has the main part to play. Those who like Marantz say they are good at it. Based on the Marantz products I have owned in the past I wont disagree. Just no need for the superfluous aspects.

Sab

Yes no need for the video section really for most of us. Nor legacy connections either. It’s part of the reason I choose Anthem, thankfully stripped down to concentrate on what matters.

How good is your Anthem for stereo music though? I would have thought that the Marantz processors would be much better for music.

mtenga

Distinguished Member
How good is your Anthem for stereo music though? I would have thought that the Marantz processors would be much better for music.
I'm pleased with stereo and by most accounts Anthem does well on this point. I've only had Marantz AVRs in the past and they have not been noticeably superior to what Anthem does. I've been pleased with both brands.

GlennC

Does anybody know when this processor is going to be available to purchase in the UK?

It was due in early Nov but whether they continue with the release may depend on any potential fix to the HDMI 2.1 bug which affects all Denon\Marantz amps with HDMI 2.1.

Without a fix for the the issue not sure it would make sense to buy this unit at the moment especially if you plan on using with a next gen console.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom