NEWS: M&K Sound announces Habitech as its official UK distributor

Great to see MK Sounds has such a strong presence in the UK, too bad it is rather ‘unknown’ in the Netherlands.

Congratulations to Habitech :)

M&K Sound do have a very strong presence in the U.K. market. We are the largest U.K. installer/supplier of MK loudspeaker and subwoofer systems.

M&K invest a lot into R&D and have some new awesome products arriving in the near future.

Rich@SeriouslyCinema

Last edited:
Habitech getting quite the the portfolio. Took on Storm distribution quite recently I think

Habitech getting quite the the portfolio. Took on Storm distribution quite recently I think
Habitech are one of the largest U.K. AV distributors. Their portfolio includes Storm, Wisdom, Arcam, Yamaha, JVC, Front Row seating, Projecta screens, M&K, Sonance, CinemaTec acoustics, Lutron lighting, James loudspeakers and much more.

We have worked alongside Habitech for many years. Great demonstration facilities.

Rich@SeriouslyCinema

Great news. Another product line that I can consider in the future now that Gecko are no longer involved.

Whatever the reason behind the shift in distributer i always had nothing but a good experience on several occasions with Rob and Gecko as the UK distributer for M&K Sound products. Hopefully that continues with the new one :)

Great news. Another product line that I can consider in the future now that Gecko are no longer involved.

As flamboyant as Rob was, there was a great deal of support and promotion from Gecko for the Steinway and M&K brands. Dude was always very welcoming as well. I for one wish him all the best with whatever he does next.

As flamboyant as Rob was, there was a great deal of support and promotion from Gecko for the Steinway and M&K brands. Dude was always very welcoming as well. I for one wish him all the best with whatever he does next.

I wish him the very best of luck as well. Without Lyngdorf and now MK I suspect he will need it.

Personally speaking I was put off MK and Lyngdorf products by his approach...but that's just me.

M&K Sound do have a very strong presence in the U.K. market. We are the largest U.K. installer/supplier of MK loudspeaker and subwoofer systems.

M&K invest a lot into R&D and have some new awesome products arriving in the near future.

Rich@SeriouslyCinema
Sounds interesting 🤔

The sign of a good salesman which lets be honest these guys do need to sell things to stay in business so you have to expect some embellishment.

I always had great dealings with him and never got pressured into buying anything, also can’t fault the support I got with dead tweeters one of my S300s, just swapped straight out for a new one and same with one of the sub amps, was offered to send it in or change myself and just got sent a new one no questions asked.

Nothing worse than buying something expensive which breaks and then getting given a refurb model as a replacement and/or having to argue for a replacement!

The sign of a good salesman which lets be honest these guys do need to sell things to stay in business so you have to expect some embellishment.

I always had great dealings with him and never got pressured into buying anything, also can’t fault the support I got with dead tweeters one of my S300s, just swapped straight out for a new one and same with one of the sub amps, was offered to send it in or change myself and just got sent a new one no questions asked.

Nothing worse than buying something expensive which breaks and then getting given a refurb model as a replacement and/or having to argue for a replacement!

I’ll go one better. The original M&K were done and dusted..and sometime later I bought a used M&K Mx5100sf from the forums, a good deal but not cheap.

I had it for some time and then one of the drivers failed. I had the original invoice but the dealer was no longer around. I made contact with another dealer and Rob and Gecko replaced the driver, gave the sub a service and made it available for me to pick back up. No cost. I couldn’t have been more thankful.

A few years later i went over with a friend to see him. Really hospitable and it was quite apparent he was, like many of us passionate about his hobby and trade. No ones perfect, and it’s also business.

You cannot fault that service. I'm dealing with Yorkshire av and they are very good too. Lovely guys to deal with.

Whatever the reason behind the shift in distributer i always had nothing but a good experience on several occasions with Rob and Gecko as the UK distributer for M&K Sound products. Hopefully that continues with the new one :)
Rob was always good with me. Never tried to sell me anything which is why I bought some stuff from him.

I think back to the days when Rob hosted many well attended demo days for forum members. I must have gone to at least 6 myself(lovely bacon sandwiches) and always had a great time meeting and making many A/V friends and seeing some truly high end kit in a wonderful setting.

Rob may have had an agenda (who doesn't) but was always a gent and very accommodating often letting forum members take some expensive kit to try at home without obligation just so you could experience what it sounded like in YOUR room.

Some of the demo's were truly awesome (remember Nigel's the sausage factory) I even bought one of Rob's 15" USC subs which was great value at the time, still have it all these years later and it still hits the spot.

I am sure even without MK stuff he will still make a good living, he certainly is someone who could sell snow to the Eskimo's😁 although he never tried to push you into buying anything you did not want.

I've always had great service from Rob & M&k .. Even going back to shop days of Zebra's in Croydon. One of the best Av shops I've ever been in. HABITECH.Has big shoes to fill.

Interesting move. I never bought from Rob, but I had two repairs done under warranty, and on both occasions I couldn't fault him.

Habitech are one of the UK’s largest AV distributors. They will have 2 x M&K demonstration rooms that are currently being built.

The main M&K demonstration cinema will be a 7.4.4 Atmos 150 Series with C15S and X12+ subwoofers.

The smaller demonstration room will feature the M and D Series products.

If you wish to visit these, an appointment needs to be made by your preferred authorised M&K dealer.

Rich@SeriouslyCinema

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom