NEWS: Loewe Bild 9 OLED 4K HDR launched in UK

It's a flaming 'Blackboard'. Certainly gonna polarise opinion. Fugly, but the pic quality might make up for it :eek::D

Mark were you at the launch and saw the TV perform?

Agree, that stand looks like a flipping blackboard you see in a conference room when you go in for a meeting ....:laugh:

Who ever thought that massive stand was a great design..:eek: Designer looks...:rolleyes:

If I want great design for a TV I will go to Bang & Olufsen...:cool:

Last edited:
I saw it at IFA back in September and the picture quality was great but the design definitely wasn't to my tastes. If you're interested in Loewe check out the Bild 7, same PQ but less avant garde design.

Is this the ugliest TV ever? :facepalm:

I think i lost my eye slight looking at that ""thing"" :facepalm: what was they thinking?

I think its bloody gorgeous

Looks stunning in the photos with the graphite frame. I'll just have to make do with my E6...

One of the best looking TVs I have seen in a long time.

Baffles me how the normal rectangle screen on a square or circle base can be considered anything but boring and you still pay premium for 0 innovation in design. When a company produces a Tv that can be portrayed as a piece of art in a room people call it 'fugly'.

These large screen TVs can dominate a room, can be most boring things to look at and what you end up looking at the most, PLEASE support these design statements as not all of us want a rectangle on a square.

I saw it at IFA back in September and the picture quality was great but the design definitely wasn't to my tastes. If you're interested in Loewe check out the Bild 7, same PQ but less avant garde design.

Already got a Bild 7, 77" on order - can't wait for it - hopefully delivered end of May, beginning of June :clap::clap:

Last edited:

Baffles me how the normal rectangle screen on a square or circle base can be considered anything but boring and you still pay premium for 0 innovation in design. When a company produces a Tv that can be portrayed as a piece of art in a room people call it 'fugly'.

These large screen TVs can dominate a room, can be most boring things to look at and what you end up looking at the most, PLEASE support these design statements as not all of us want a rectangle on a square.
Paying for premium what?
An extra £3.5k just for an angulated strip of metal ? OLED TVs are about 80% just the generic LG OLED panel, same to all brands of OLED TVs.
TVs these are often wall mounted out the way. So not really domineering as they used to be. Of course not every will mount them but then they may not have the space of a blackboard holder either.
Anyway we all have different tastes. If someone likes this particular black rectangle on a frame by all means go for it

I'm a trainer and it would be like a busmans holiday looking at that ugly thing. It reminds me of a flip chart holder. Lol

Completely agree! I think it looks great!

I like the Art Deco & Bauhaus design influence.

It's about time TV manufacturers started making an effort instead of using the same old boring design template for their TVs.

There's no reason a product can't be both functional and well designed.

It may not be to everyone's taste, but at least they're trying a different take on TV design.

Completely agree! I think it looks great!

I like the Art Deco & Bauhaus design influence.

It's about time TV manufacturers started making an effort instead of using the same old boring design template for their TVs.

There's no reason a product can't be both functional and well designed.

It may not be to everyone's taste, but at least they're trying a different take on TV design.
The TV design is more or less same as any other. Just the stand that is different :)

Why does it lean backwards? Looks like something you hang your clothes over. When functionality meets art, sometimes you get Fart. A real stinker.

are we headed towards tilted TV's now....What next ...

It's not ugly so much as...'wrong'.

As soon as I saw it I camre here to pass comment about it looking like a primary school blackboard, only to see almost everyone else has spotted that. Why on earth did no one at Loewe?

They just need to add an extra couple of metal bars in the middle and bottom, at the back, you'd be able to get more washing on it then. Handy if the TV is next to a radiator.

Looks like a cheap coffee table stood on its side, truly awful, what were they thinking? :facepalm:

Already got a Bild 7, 77" on order - can't wait for it - hopefully delivered end of May, beginning of June :clap::clap:

Why did you get that tv? For cheaper you can have other oled's as good if not better!

Why did you get that tv? For cheaper you can have other oled's as good if not better!

Show me a 77" OLED that is cheaper than the 77" Bild 7...

What Raymondo says - none of the competiton have come even close - yet - to the price of the Loewe. That and having seen the 65" Bild 7 I'm confident that the picture quality - which frankly bettered that of the competition by far at it's release - will be similar if not better on the 2017 panel Bild 7 - 77".

Even if you like it once, all the wires are hanging out the back with nowhere to hide them it will look silly. That stand hasn't really been thought through.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom