Quantcast

NEWS: Loewe back after Skytec takeover

dr no

If they return at the same premium market with inflated prices then they will fail miserably again. Days of premium only products are gone

buzz_lightclick

Great to see the old dog back from the dead!

RayP

Very good news and hopefully they will honour any warranties. @dr no , there will always be a place for quality products otherwise Rolls Royce, Ferrari, Linn and Naim to mention just four would have folded a long time ago. There are plenty of people who like to buy quality.

dr no

Very good news and hopefully they will honour any warranties. @dr no , there will always be a place for quality products otherwise Rolls Royce, Ferrari, Linn and Naim to mention just four would have folded a long time ago. There are plenty of people who like to buy quality.
You may have mentioned some exceptions but even some of these are part of bigger companies that sell mass market products.

Premium products should be part of a range that targets a wide demographic.

On the whole high ticket premium products ALONE will not make sustainable business model. Especially as most products, cheap end or expensive end, mostly use off the shelf components anyway these days. IMO

RayP

@dr no , I accept quality standalone companies are a rarity these days. I can only speak about my own experience and the Loewe Bild 7.55 produces a superb picture in the three years I’ve had it and I do not regret my decision to spend so much. At the time I was considering an LG OLED but the quality seemed so variable it put me off. I agree prices for some high-end kit seem excessive but that’s been the case for decades.

dr no

@dr no , I accept quality standalone companies are a rarity these days. I can only speak about my own experience and the Loewe Bild 7.55 produces a superb picture in the three years I’ve had it and I do not regret my decision to spend so much. At the time I was considering an LG OLED but the quality seemed so variable it put me off. I agree prices for some high-end kit seem excessive but that’s been the case for decades.
This is an example of what I’m saying. Loewe is using an LG OLED panel just like all the others. The picture difference is negligible for almost 95% of people. Some will argue it’s also better than Leowe. The OS is certainly better in the others. The TV is also supported better by the bigger manufacturers. And yet the cost is a fraction of Loewe.

RayP

@dr no , I don't wish to get into a debate about this but Loewe pointed out that they used specially selected OLED panels and not the standard production line. But the panel is just the end of the signal and how well that signal is processed is important. That could mean the components are of higher quality than LG's. The user interface is excellent and apps such as YouTube are also of a high quality - far better than Sky for example.

dr no

@dr no , I don't wish to get into a debate about this but Loewe pointed out that they used specially selected OLED panels and not the standard production line. But the panel is just the end of the signal and how well that signal is processed is important. That could mean the components are of higher quality than LG's. The user interface is excellent and apps such as YouTube are also of a high quality - far better than Sky for example.
The marketing speak was nothing more than that. This debate has been had already so we will agree to disagree.

Yes, we must not go off topic although it is very pertinent to this news. If Loewe is to survive, having failed once already, it needs to change. That is almost fact.

bob60

Really good news that Loewe are coming back, they are the only TVs that I have bought for over 20 years now and hopefully this will continue.
I have been very happy with my bild 4.55, great picture, sound and design.

RichardG

Great news... I loved my Vitros 32" CRT back in the day - it served me well for over 10 years and didn't miss a beat. I'd probably still have it if it had HDMI :D

Glad to see Loewe rise from the ashes. Before I got the B&O Eclipse, the Loewe was definitely in the running and I'm sure they'll be on the radar in the future.

Hope they do well...

mb1357

Good news let’s hope the quality is maintained; no doubt production will move from Germany but I think the cost of running the German production head quarters was probably what crippled the old Company . There are a lot of Loewe supporters out here!

mb1357

You may have mentioned some exceptions but even some of these are part of bigger companies that sell mass market products.

Premium products should be part of a range that targets a wide demographic.

On the whole high ticket premium products ALONE will not make sustainable business model. Especially as most products, cheap end or expensive end, mostly use off the shelf components anyway these days. IMO
Loewe did a cheaper end Bild 1 range: personally I think the range was too large and they should have concentrated on core models with a reduced Workforce. I fear however that overcoming customer concerns that they won’t fold again won’t be easy although the backers do appear to be well funded. Off topic I reckon B&O will pull out of the TV market

Last edited:

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
Hopefully Loewe have done their due diligence and analysed the factors which caused there demise..there in a much more competitive market this time round

mb1357

I agree however I don’t think that any old warranties will ever be honoured: this is a new Company

RayP

I agree however I don’t think that any old warranties will ever be honoured: this is a new Company
So not even the Loewe TVs currently being offered by Loewe Manchester then? Shame. Doesn't apply to me. Mine is now 3 years old and still wonderful.

mb1357

So not even the Loewe TVs currently being offered by Loewe Manchester then? Shame. Doesn't apply to me. Mine is now 3 years old and still wonderful.
The only warranty would be that provided by the dealer itself that they purchase separately. There is no way a Company like Skytec would take on existing liabilities for the old Co. which went bankrupt (no doubt there is also a lot of suppliers who wont have been paid); mine is in its 3rd year now so main thing is that it looks as if a future supply chain for spares will be created which is good news.

mb1357

Do you think there will be anymore updates on the Loewe bilds TVs
It all depends if the Company continues with the exiting Loewe Software: B&O dropped theirs for LG’s which makes economic sense

Trending threads

Top Bottom