NEWS: Loewe announces klang series soundbars and subwoofer

Klingon themed speakers! Now at last we can hear The Bard as he was properly intended. 🤓

Top of the range should be the General Klang. 🤣

Did you hear about the Norwegian pop star that looked everywhere to find the best made German TV?

He was hunting high end Loewe.

Last edited:
Obviously, judging by the absence of posts, there has been a lack of interest in the Klang bar 5mr, and subwoofer, combination.

Loewe klang bar5 mr
Video passthrough
4K Video, Dolby Vision, HDR10, HDR10+
Audio passthrough
Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, DTS X, DTS Virtual
Total music power
440 Watts

Frequency range
60 Hz - 20kHz
Dimensions
120 cm x 7,1 cm x
16 cm (B x H x D)
Weight
6,5 kg

Loewe klang sub5
Principle: Active-subwoofer
Features: 2 active speaker, 4 passive membrane
Total music power: 360 Watts
Frequency range: 35 Hz – 150 Hz
Dimensions: 38 cm x 21,4 cm x 38 cm (B x H x D)
Weight: 8,8 kg

The few reviews I have found online are highly favourable of it's sound quality.

Currently on sale at reduced prices, I have made an impulse buy, and bought a new soundbar, and subwoofer for £1349.

Should arrive on Thursday.

Obviously, judging by the absence of posts, there has been a lack of interest in the Klang bar 5mr, and subwoofer, combination.

Loewe klang bar5 mr
Video passthrough
4K Video, Dolby Vision, HDR10, HDR10+
Audio passthrough
Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, DTS X, DTS Virtual
Total music power
440 Watts

Frequency range
60 Hz - 20kHz
Dimensions
120 cm x 7,1 cm x
16 cm (B x H x D)
Weight
6,5 kg

Loewe klang sub5
Principle: Active-subwoofer
Features: 2 active speaker, 4 passive membrane
Total music power: 360 Watts
Frequency range: 35 Hz – 150 Hz
Dimensions: 38 cm x 21,4 cm x 38 cm (B x H x D)
Weight: 8,8 kg

The few reviews I have found online are highly favourable of it's sound quality.

Currently on sale at reduced prices, I have made an impulse buy, and bought a new soundbar, and subwoofer for £1349.

Should arrive on Thursday.
are you planning a review?

Apologies in advance for a fairly lengthy post.

The soundbar, and subwoofer set were delivered this morning.

After unpacking:

The included accessories are:

Two sets of mains cables for the bar, and subwoofer.
In each set, one cable is terminated in a UK plug, and the other an European plug.

An HDMI cable.

A remote control with 2 Lithium CR2032 batteries pre-installed.

A User Manual in various languages including English.

The external finish of the soundbar is impressive.
The cut-out for the various sockets is wide with other controls covered by a removable back plate.
The gap between the HDMI sockets is not cramped.

On top of the soundbar are several push buttons for designated functions.
On the top is also an indicator light which changes colour according to an input such as DTS, Dolby Atmos.
On the front is a small display which indicates an input.

The subwoofer appears well built, and is circular with the mains input socket in a cut-out in the base. The drivers are arranged around the sides.

The soundbar, and the subwoofer are paired by Loewe prior to shipment.

Out of the box, the initial impression of the sound quality is one of clarity, particularly with regard to dialogue.
The end firing speakers in the soundbar provide width to the soundstage, and the upward firing speakers provide a good impression of height.

With a 4K player connected to an HDMI socket in the soundbar, on brief tests, no problems were encountered in decoding DTS, DTS X, and Dolby Atmos.

Sound quality may well improve as the drive units burn in.

Up to now, out of the Harman Kardon Citation Multibeam 1100, the B & W Panorama 3, and the Canton Smart Soundbar 10 with the Smart 8 Sub, my favourite has been the Canton combination.

Based on my initial impressions, the Loewe combination is superior to the Canton.

It is a pity that the Loewe Klang Bar 5mr is so under appreciated.

After unpacking:

In each set, one cable is terminated in a UK plug, and the other an European plug.

An HDMI cable.

The cut-out for the various sockets is wide with other controls covered by a removable back plate.

On the top is also an indicator light which changes colour according to an input such as DTS, Dolby Atmos.

The subwoofer appears well built, and is circular with the mains input socket in a cut-out in the base. The drivers are arranged around the sides.

Out of the box, the initial impression of the sound quality is one of clarity, particularly with regard to dialogue.
The end firing speakers in the soundbar provide width to the soundstage, and the upward firing speakers provide a good impression of height.

With a 4K player connected to an HDMI socket in the soundbar, on brief tests, no problems were encountered in decoding DTS, DTS X, and Dolby Atmos.

Up to now, out of the Harman Kardon Citation Multibeam 1100, the B & W Panorama 3, and the Canton Smart Soundbar 10 with the Smart 8 Sub, my favourite has been the Canton combination.

Based on my initial impressions, the Loewe combination is superior to the Canton.

sounds impressive, guess as always with these things the volume is at the cheaper end of the market, assume with cost of sub its pushing 2k?

sounds impressive, guess as always with these things the volume is at the cheaper end of the market, assume with cost of sub its pushing 2k?
The normal price of the soundbar + subwoofer is £1759.

Premium Sound, which according to it's website offers a trade in, has new sets for £1599.

Seven Oaks Sound and Vision are clearing ex display sets for £1349.

I was lucky to buy from it's Chelsea branch a new set for the same price.

Last edited:

After unpacking:

An HDMI cable.

is the hdmi 2.1?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom