NEWS: Loewe announce 77-inch 4K Dolby Vision OLED TV

Attractive price :cool: for a 77" Oled

Not sure how the existence of a Bild 7.77 is news today. At least one forum member ordered theirs over a month ago.

Surely the leader should be the price; it's far and away the cheapest 77" OLED to date.

Last edited:
Makes you wonder why LG's OLEDS are so expensive!

Does it use a 2016 panel ? if so that would explain the price

Still will be poor for HDR like every OLED but good price for 77" I have to say

It's odd, but it's great that large tv prices are moving in the right direction! :)

The problem with my house is that the lounge and tv room are on the first floor and there's a limit to what I can get up the stairs. There is a window at the front with a double opener that is 1500mm on the diagonal that would probably allow for a tv no taller than 1400mm. After this point the dining room would have to be sacrificed to accommodate a larger tv! :laugh: pfffft we eat in there less than once a month anyway and only when we have more than 6 of us at one time for dinner as we have a table in the kitchen. Gets used for drying clothes and dumping stuff more than anything. The missus may have other ideas!

I'm waiting for an OLED or similar that is flexible enough to be rolled up like carpet! Imagine how much easier and cheaper it would be to transport!

Sometimes I've daydreamed buying the neighbours garage thats next to ours and knocking both of them through into a cinema room. Though that was just after I'd seen an 120" screen and PJ in a dedicated home cinema mock up with 2 rows of cinema seating. If only I'd been better at football! :rotfl:

This is a very promising development in terms of pricing. I'd love to see 77 inch OLEDs below £10k.

This is a very promising development in terms of pricing. I'd love to see 77 inch OLEDs below £10k.

Maybe in a couple of years :smashin:

Should be a proud owner this time tomorrow - can't wait.

Wow! Pics pics pics.

Send me your camera and I'll take all the pictures you want ;):thumbsup:.

But here's a wee teaser that'll need to keep you going till tomorrow

IMG_0404.JPG

Great to see two subs in operation too!

Been a cracking upgrade, really fills the room and lifts the whole sound stage to a new level - especially with really well mastered Atmos/DTSX track - shakes the damned foundations at times - lovely.

Thinking of adding a Lumagen to the equation to get as much out of the set as possible - we'll see :smashin:

Thinking of adding a Lumagen to the equation to get as much out of the set as possible - we'll see :smashin:

Sorry about the off-topic, but if you mean to add a Lumagen to get the most out of the oled, it might be best to check first how you can use it on the tv.

Apparently it is currently not possible use a LUT (not even the Lumagen Pro) in the HDR-mode of (at least some) televisions. The problem seems to be that the tv does not have a mode without tone or gamut mapping.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...tv-thread-no-price-talk-147.html#post53321546 (and later posts bij ConnecTeddd)

eeColor processor - ArgyllCMS - Page 21 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

You can use the LUT for SDR content.

And while I’m off topic (but it does concern a 77 inch 2017 oled). There currently seems to be a “LG weekend” sale in Austrian Media Markt stores, that lasts until the 6th of June. Some seriously reduced prices there, like 9.999 euro for the LG 77G7 (they also had the 65B7 for about 2.777 euro, but it seems to be sold out). So there seems to be some headroom for the LG 77 inch price to drop.

Sorry about the off-topic, but if you mean to add a Lumagen to get the most out of the oled, it might be best to check first how you can use it on the tv.

Apparently it is currently not possible use a LUT (not even the Lumagen Pro) in the HDR-mode of (at least some) televisions. The problem seems to be that the tv does not have a mode without tone or gamut mapping.

Sony A1E 4K HDR OLED TV Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 147 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (and later posts bij ConnecTeddd)

eeColor processor - ArgyllCMS - Page 21 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

You can use the LUT for SDR content.

And while I’m off topic (but it does concern a 77 inch 2017 oled). There currently seems to be a “LG weekend” sale in Austrian Media Markt stores, that lasts until the 6th of June. Some seriously reduced prices there, like 9.999 euro for the LG 77G7 (they also had the 65B7 for about 2.777 euro, but it seems to be sold out). So there seems to be some headroom for the LG 77 inch price to drop.

Saw that earlier - but I'm being guided by my guru's, Steve Kemp and Dan at the Movie Rooms, on this and I trust both of them implicitly. I'm sure if there are any issues I will be well informed prior to making a purchase. in fact having had some preliminary discussions, neither have flagged anything at all that might cause an issue with this particular set - don't know about others mind you.

Today's the day! Has it arrived yet? :D

It has - mother and child are doing well :rotfl::clap:

Stunning - simply stunning - picture out the box is absolutely superb.

Pictures to follow - have to nip out for a few hours.

Have I said how stunning it is - Al 'the Sony zealot' can stick his A1 where the sun doesn't shine ;):laugh::D

By the way its stunning ......................................... fabulously rich and detailed picture, right out the box. I wonder what magic Steve will bring to this set with a calibration ................... oh and the addition of a Lumagen.

It has - mother and child are doing well :rotfl::clap:

Stunning - simply stunning - picture out the box is absolutely superb.

Pictures to follow - have to nip out for a few hours.

Have I said how stunning it is - Al 'the Sony zealot' can stick his A1 where the sun doesn't shine ;):laugh::D

By the way its stunning ......................................... fabulously rich and detailed picture, right out the box. I wonder what magic Steve will bring to this set with a calibration ................... oh and the addition of a Lumagen.
Brilliant news. I am so pleased for you.
Are you going to stick my A1 where the sun doesn't shine too? :D:(:rotfl:

Brilliant news. I am so pleased for you.
Are you going to stick my A1 where the sun doesn't shine too? :D:(:rotfl:
A light controlled room is quite important for getting the best PQ from such a high end set as the A1 - very nice of @steelman1991 to remind owners of this fact. Such a gent [emoji1]

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom