NEWS: Linn unveils latest Klimax LP12 flagship turntable

MaryWhitehouse

acgingersnaps

Your repeated historical observations over the last 30+ years being that Linn decks sound no better than the Rega ones?
Eh? I was merely suggesting that a top of the range Rega might be just as good. As I own neither, I wouldn't know.
However, in blind testing, with the same cartridge, I'd be willing to bet a sizeable amount that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Jules Tohpipi

Yes I fully appreciate that over the past year or two your mind has set an imaginary budget cap over which no differences can be heard. About which you often talk about with a tone of authority.

However, I was wondering if you have any prior experience on the matter? Or whether this is just some baseless conclusion you’ve come to.

acgingersnaps

imaginary budget cap over which no differences can be heard
It's nothing to do with budget and of course there's a point where your just hearing what was recorded. How could there not be?

There's a point in most types of product where you stop paying for performance and are just paying for a name, styling etc. That's just the way these things work.

On a different note, your tone's quite pointed, given you haven't presented an alternative view.

MaryWhitehouse

Yes I fully appreciate that over the past year or two your mind has set an imaginary budget cap over which no differences can be heard. About which you often talk about with a tone of authority.

You should adopt a more friendly tone.

Jules Tohpipi

It's nothing to do with budget and of course there's a point where your just hearing what was recorded. How could there not be?

There's a point in most types of product where you stop paying for performance and are just paying for a name, styling etc. That's just the way these things work.

On a different note, your tone's quite pointed, given you haven't presented an alternative view.

I think you’ve answered my question - so I’m happy to leave it at that.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom