NEWS: Linn launches Klimax DSM music player

dfdd

pricing of some of these audio components is astonishing, but difficult to comment unless you have actually heard the component-most extremely high price gear I have heard has been poor value for money to say the least

Steven

Senior Moderator
The heavy metal chassis is a decent cost, website quote says all hand built in Glasgow

I am not saying they could not sell for less and still make a profit. This is certainly above my pay grade

DCS also manufacturer here as well I believe, but Linn do sell 'cheaper' items below DCS starting price...

larkone

Distinguished Member
Those prices put them squarely into Steinway Lyngdorf territory - tough competition

killiefan

My wife and I paid less than £30,000 for our first house.

It was 1987 mind you.

Frankly, not sure I’d spend that much even if I did win the lottery.

Craig uk

This video offers a good insight in to their manufacturing, the lovely Katie giving the guided tour.

bruny

I’ve done the factory tour. Their manufacturing processes is world class. But these are well out of my league (price wise).

t-force

I remember, about 20 years ago, I heard a full Linn system in Harrod's. It sounded astonishingly good, but, at £60K, it certainly should have done. As said above, Linn certainly make a great product, but I know I'm never going to be in a position to own any of their stuff, sadly.

Scotland11

Ooft! Bit too pricey for me but looks gorgeous. Their factory is about a 5 minute drive from my house so I guess it's time to look out the balaclava and crow bar :D

Paul7777x

This video offers a good insight in to their manufacturing, the lovely Katie giving the guided tour.

Well that would have been interesting. What blithering imbecile decided it needed a solid box to add bloody subtitles? Tit.

KiwiRob

The heavy metal chassis is a decent cost, website quote says all hand built in Glasgow

I am not saying they could not sell for less and still make a profit. This is certainly above my pay grade

DCS also manufacturer here as well I believe, but Linn do sell 'cheaper' items below DCS starting price...

It's milled aluminium not metal, this isn't a very expensive process, the milling machines are expensive, but they will last a couple of decades. The company I work for has similar machines milling billet aluminium for components.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom