NEWS: Linn announces Organik DAC upgrade for all Klimax DS and DSM models

unground

But I thought it was now accepted that you can get a DAC with noise and distortion lower than the threshold of human hearing for £150? Any extra spend is for additional features, looks and brand reputation, but definitely not for sound quality.

I think it's great that Linn describes performance using specifications that are measurable rather than the usual guff. It does rather beg the question as to what they are achieving by designing a DAC 'completely from scratch' (aren't they all? ) and what actually audible performance or features it delivers over any other well-implemented DAC.

In any case, I'm hopeful that this indicates that we're starting to see light at the end of the foo tunnel in home audio. Flim flam destroys value.

We sorely need more of the knowledge, rigour and standards that we now take for granted in the video world, and which have gained us better performance at lower price points as a result.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom