NEWS: LG unveils S95QR flagship soundbar for 2022

Best Buy now has them in Stock ordered mine today will be here Thursday the 12th and some stores have them in stock. So far this is the only place besides LG that has them from I can see. WEnt with Best Buy and paid the $299 for 4 year warranty

I'm torn between this and the new Samsung Q990B but there's no reviews for the LG one yet and I've seen a couple of 10/10 reviews for the Samsung so far...

I'm torn between this and the new Samsung Q990B but there's no reviews for the LG one yet and I've seen a couple of 10/10 reviews for the Samsung so far...

I would not go near a LG after my experience with SN11. Samsung Q950A is on a different league sounding closest to my ex-separates.

Its for sale in the UK now on LG Website.
there is 5% off if you sign up, and Quidco offering another 2% cash back. Just ordered mine.

Its for sale in the UK now on LG Website.
there is 5% off if you sign up, and Quidco offering another 2% cash back. Just ordered mine.

Let us know what you make of it?
Are there any reviews out anywhere yet?
It’s out of stock now.

Let us know what you make of it?
Are there any reviews out anywhere yet?
It’s out of stock now.

There are a few in the states and Australia. Positive so far.

I’ll report back when I get it. LG saying 7 to 9 business days for delivery.

My order is being delivered this Friday. Looking forward to it now.

Also the Rtings review is now out.

Order is here. New G2 arrives later this week, so I will be setting it all up at the weekend. excited is an understatement!

I was away last weekend. So spent most of the day setting up the new G2 and this sound bar.

First early impressions are wow.

So clear on vocals, not boomy on the bass.

I’m gonna play with it and try some different content out on it over the next couple of days.

I’ll post a full review on Monday. First impression is really positive!

24 hours with the soundbar set up and the new 77G2.

Took a while to get all the settings correct and pass through set up for the Xbox etc. it’s there finally and the sound is amazing. Initial set up out the box was super easy, was a case of plugging in the rears and the sub and then plugging in the soundbar and turning on. Simples.

Bass is great and not boomy (as I said above) the overall soundstage is great. Watching Glasto on it this afternoon and the sound is unreal.

So glad I waited for this and didn’t go for the Sonos or new Sammy bar.

Watched 6 underground on it as well. Atmos was coming out of the ceiling well and I was surrounded by sound. Bullets flying above my head. Really impressive.

The build quality is great overall fabric cover on the bar itself should make it easy to clean dust off.

I was surprised at the size of the rear speakers. Were larger than I was expecting but don’t overpower the main soundbar.

Only point of annoyance which I sort of knew, is the display on the soundbar doesn’t dim away to nothing. It slightly dims but doesn’t disappear. Not the end of the world, but slight bug bear.

If your not placing the soundbar directly under the TV or wall mounting it, I found the supplied 1.2m HDMI only just long enough. So may be a consideration for people.

Anyone have any questions. Or anything they want me to test, happy to do so.

Would highly recommend this soundbar, great all rounder.

Also. Being able to independently control the centre channel and boost the sound in that is amazing. Dialogue is so so clear in action scenes now. No more turning the volume up and down or rewinding to hear what someone said 🤣

Can you set the channel levels on this bar? does it have a built in test tone to facilitate this? or is this all set up by the auto room calibration.

thanks

Paul

Can you set the channel levels on this bar? does it have a built in test tone to facilitate this? or is this all set up by the auto room calibration.

thanks

Paul
Mostly.
Aside from Woofer level and Center speaker level, there are categories such as Overhead speaker volume, Side speaker level, Rear speaker level, Rear overhead speaker volume, and Rear side speaker level. You are not able to adjust each individual speaker.

thanks

Paul
Yes there is a test tone you can use and then set the levels Side, overhead, rea,centre, woofer etc.

Or you can use auto calibration it’s up to you.

I auto calibrated it first of all. Then changed all the levels around to suit.

Yes there is a test tone you can use and then set the levels Side, overhead, rea,centre, woofer etc.

Or you can use auto calibration it’s up to you.

I auto calibrated it first of all. Then changed all the levels around to suit.

Thanks very much.

Hi, have you experienced any issues with connection to rears/sub ?
No nothing at all. No dropouts no connection issues.

I replaced a Samsung system where the sub and rears would drop out multiple times a day. Not a single drop out so far on the LG.

No nothing at all. No dropouts no connection issues.

I replaced a Samsung system where the sub and rears would drop out multiple times a day. Not a single drop out so far on the LG.
May I ask which Samsung you had dropout issues with?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom