NEWS: LG rolls out Signature OLED R TV with UK preorders

Assuming I had 100k to blow on AV I can think of a lot better ways to spend it than this!

Oh I shall have two !:laugh:

In all seriousness though, looks great but if I had the cash I think it may have to go on other things.

Is it delivered by hand? It seems such a shame to have hand crafted parts and finish, only to have it delivered in such peasantry by the likes of DPD, a little anticlimactic.

4K for that price 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I wonder what LG calculated these variables to be?
  • X (number of people who can afford a £100k TV)
  • Y (percentage of X who were recently kicked in the head by a horse)

Showed it to Good Lady C who said, and I quote, “That’s a really good idea - especially for a living room where you may not want a big telly dominating it. Ten grand is a bit expensive though”

“You might want to look at that price again dear”

string of expletives

I’ve put her down as a ‘maybe’

Will there be a separate Owners Thread for this one? Or should we just lump it in with one of the other models?

Rather than one these for the living room and two more for the guest cottages, you could treat yourself to a Christie Eclipse projector instead.
Yours for a mere $300K
Though I think the lens and install are extra.

Rather than one these for the living room and two more for the guest cottages, you could treat yourself to a Christie Eclipse projector instead.
Yours for a mere $300K
Though I think the lens and install are extra.
Yeah, at least the Christie is aspirational. Who aspires to buy a £100k TV?

My 7 are on preorder! 😁

It's started already. This sort of selfish behaviour plus the inevitable scalpers' bots means these will be appearing in the Classifieds at highly inflated prices... :D

Au contraire; I think the second hand value will fade quite rapidly as those poor pixels start to pack up!

I think most of the PL footballers who buy this TV are going to leave it in a fully extended/operational mode, and only occassionally 'roll it up' as a cool trick to show their mates.

As kev said

"If you build it they will come"

you could cut a slot in the floor then use a motor like in those bed TVs to lower a normal TV for a similar effect , like people that wall mounted a projection TV to look like LCD with the back through the wall in another room

Well, like everyone else, even with a lottery win I wouldn't get one of these, my days of buying 65" televisions for my two main rooms are over. And "only" 4K resolution for 100 grand, tut-tut ....

And, one point that may have occurred to only me - in Line View, where only the top part of the screen is showing, surely if Line View were to be used often those pixels would wear or age more than the pixels in the rest of the screen, no? If so, what plans does LG have to counter the uneven wear?? I think we should be told before punters start splashing out ....

This is one product that I would actively not want - I mean, why does it even exist??? -, and if I were to be given one I would sell it immediately.

5 years later

For Sale, 65 R1 OLED, about 25000 hours, kept in smoke/child-free environment, stunning picture, first to see will buy :smoke:

r1.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom