NEWS: LG reveals new OLED and QNED TV lineups for 2022

ASL1

Is this a heatsink on the G2?

Brightness Boosting technology through improved heat dissipation

craigae

I've been looking forward to the 42 inch version for yonks. Finally a sensible choice for smaller rooms / PC monitor.

I just wish LG didn't play such silly buggers with the price every year. What other products start the summer at £4k and end the year at £2k so predictably?

ASL1

I would like to buy a G2, but don't want to wall mount. Will the G2 come with the "legs" stand included? I have an existing table stand to put it on.

Another problem with the G1 was that the legs (had to be bought separately and were £99) were so wide they wouldn't fit on my existing table stand. This is because they fit to the edges of the tv rather than the centre. This meant a table stand has to be extremely wide to be used with a G1 with the official leg stands.

Petey20

I would like to buy a G2, but don't want to wall mount. Will the G2 come with the "legs" stand included? I have an existing table stand to put it on.

Another problem with the G1 was that the legs (had to be bought separately and were £99) were so wide they wouldn't fit on my existing table stand. This is because they fit to the edges of the tv rather than the centre. This meant a table stand has to be extremely wide to be used with a G1 with the official leg stands.

You could always just buy a central table top stand from amazon. They're not expensive and pretty easy to set up.

KALIMERA

Standard Member
The lack of support stand on the G series has always been a problem for that series, but you don't have to purchase the expensive LG feet to support the tv.
There are several third party stands available, with a central support, that can be purchased for half the the price of the LG table feet.

tutu

They've added a silver border around the TVs. This is something my old plasma has and it ruins immersion in a dark room.

What was wrong with black? Stupid design decision. So annoyed.

Was really looking forward to C2 or G2.

G2 has the heatsink copied from A90J. LG say 20 percent brighter.

C1 has EVO panel and looks like a new less wide stand which is appreciated.
Both have 48GBps ports.

What about WiFi 6? Gigabit ethernet? DTS passthrough?

DT79

DTS passthrough?
Yes, this! Glad I got my C9 before they removed it and hope they'll see sense and add it back before I'm due to buy another one.

MahaRaja

They've added a silver border around the TVs. This is something my old plasma has and it ruins immersion in a dark room.

What was wrong with black? Stupid design decision. So annoyed.

Was really looking forward to C2 or G2.

G2 has the heatsink copied from A90J. LG say 20 percent brighter.

C1 has EVO panel and looks like a new less wide stand which is appreciated.
Both have 48GBps ports.

Where have you seen the new range photos.

If you go onto LG's CES site they also mention the gallery stands are available, with a central stand for the G1. Also what is interesting, on their CES site, you cannot select the G2 77inch version, only 83 or 65.

Scotland11

Would like to know the answer to these too but guessing all anyone has access to right now is the LG Press Release for CES. Looking at a 65 inch C or G series for my next TV so will be looking out for answers to these.

CaroleBaskin

The room to room viewing on another TV via Wifi might infer Wifi 6 support, but depends on resolution too I guess. Pretty cool feature.

I wonder if it also works with the transmitting TV in standby, kind of like a pass through feature on some AVR’s.

Oh I had no idea a 42 inch was incoming! It'll be a while before the price comes down to sensible levels but should eventually see them make a 42 inch lower end model, as they've done with the 48. Saw some deals for that at 600 odd quid this year.
Maybe we will see the 42 around £500 next year....

tutu

To be fair, the silver surround isn't that bad but I would prefer if it was not present.

We don't know if the VRR/black issue is fixed.

When are these available?

CaroleBaskin

To be fair, the silver surround isn't that bad but I would prefer if it was not present.

Usually around April/May. I’m unsure if LG have specified just yet.

Joe C

Distinguished Member

Last year they started appearing late March. G1 was first, followed by the C1 and then the B1. Think the A1 was last

UMAR 3:16

I want to know how much that 97inch c2 will cost. I was contemplating going from 77 to 83 but I don’t think the outlay is worth the impact! 97inch however would be a massive upgrade and if it’s priced at what the current 83 retails for, I’ll jump on that.

CaroleBaskin

I want to know how much that 97inch c2 will cost. I was contemplating going from 77 to 83 but I don’t think the outlay is worth the impact! 97inch however would be a massive upgrade and if it’s priced at what the current 83 retails for, I’ll jump on that.
Not to be a pessimist, but I think we’re looking at 10k plus. Happy to be wrong 😃 Some have even suggested 20k

Fake Shempz

Hmm...once prices come down to an affordable level, it might be time for me to get the 42 (or 48) C2 for my bedroom and the G2 55 for my living room. I'm glad they've reduced bezel slightly again, as its a relatively tight squeeze to get the 55 in my living room (it would be in a corner, rather than flat wall-mounted)

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix UK for February 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
iFi Audio launches ZEN One Signature DAC
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Rotel announces MKII versions of A12, CD14 and RCD-1572 devices
  • By Andy Bassett