NEWS: LG OLED TV sales hit 4 million

Sir QD oled

Lot's of talk about how good the oled's are but the discussion is about the sales numbers ..:rolleyes:

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Aren’t the sales numbers a testament to how good they are? If they weren’t great they wouldn’t sell so many.

Sir QD oled

Aren’t the sales numbers a testament to how good they are? If they weren’t great they wouldn’t sell so many.
That's debatable lot's of products that aren't that great sell more than 4 million in 6 years ...

Goooner

Distinguished Member
True. But you’d like to think such an expensive tv wouldn’t sell if the quality wasn’t there.

Sir QD oled

So we are back on track sales- price - quality ... but still 4 million in 6 years isn't that good ... first oled's weren't that good and the prices are way too high for the average consumer .
Lg acting like monopolist they can ask whatever they want to be sure their savings are huge ...
I would like to see more manufacturers for oled panels .... it would benefit us all in the long term.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
To be honest I have no idea what a good sales figure for a tv should be. 4 million in six years sounds a lot, but I suppose it’s not really in the grand scheme of things.

In my experience a TV is not something you change on a yearly basis, just so you can get the latest model, although I’m sure there will be plenty that do, like mobile phones. I imagine for most people you buy a tv with the intention of keeping it for a good five or six years at least unless something goes wrong with it.

Sir QD oled

In their early years they were just the one that sell oleds so braggin that you sold 4 million oled's in 6 ears yeah right . I agree you don't buy a 3 /4000 euro panel to replace after 1 year . 5/6 years is a good pace ... ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom