NEWS: LG offers best ever OLED prices - for one week only

MikeTVMikeTV

I guess they still have a lot of old stock to clear out.

The 55CX is a good price but the BX has been that cheap before.

dr no

I suspect retailers will have their own discounts to add on top

fluxedman

wow very impressive pricing to clear out the older range OLEDs, also looks like the 48CX is now same discounted price as the 55CX.

LG CX - Discounted Prices: 48CX - £1,169 / 55CX - £1,169 / 65CX - £1,709 / 77CX - £3,149

MIKEB17

wow very impressive pricing to clear out the older range OLEDs

LG CX - Discounted Prices: 48CX - £1,169 / 55CX - £1,169 / 65CX - £1,709 / 77CX - £3,149
Right now the 65 CX is only £90 cheaper than the shop, but.......stick on a voucher and we will all be laughing

crabby09

I'd love to see some sales figures - I'd have thought last year would have been great for them so I am surprised by such an over stock and I wonder what that means for 2021 panels.

d000hg

Those prices in combo with a voucher discount (Currys/Richer Sounds) will make me jump
How do you get a voucher from RS @MIKEB17 ? I've been a customer for years without seeing one!

TLMONKEY

Yer, I had my eyes on the 55BX with the free LG headphones at Costco for £999 with another £50 off voucher, but that ended a few days ago. They still have the 55CX up for £1219 with the Free LG headphones so thinking about that with them having 90 day return option so if price drops more in those 90 days I could either ask for the difference or if not just return and re buy at lower price, if that happened.

shyam91

Standard Member
Those prices in combo with a voucher discount (Currys/Richer Sounds) will make me jump
I just checked. The voucher code discount ends on 9th March. Only additional discount we can apply is to use amex discount in marks electrical of 10% cashback.

MIKEB17

Curry’s are also on last day of their 300 off of 65 gx, so the LG discount might end up next to nothing, then again might be new vouchers, fingers crossed

TLMONKEY

Right now the 65 CX is only £90 cheaper than the shop, but.......stick on a voucher and we will all be laughing
The 65CX can actually be bought for £1729 using RS to beat PRC Directs £1749 price by another £20 and up until tomorrow you would also get the Free LG in ear headphones. The cheapest you can get the 55CX is £1199 From RS. And as already stated the 65GX has been up twice for £1999 and again by using RS £20 price beat it can be got for £1979. The 55GX has been bought for £1280 and £1380 in the last 7 days again by using RS £20 price beat using other retailer sale prices.

Last edited:

jasser

Standard Member
Has anyone seen any movement in price to reflect the new discount? It mentions the week long promo on LG's www however none of the retailers appear to have picked it up yet

Varsas

77CX for £3,149 seems great value. I think the 77C9 only ever got down to £4k so this is a big year-on-year change.

El Barto

77CX for £3,149 seems great value. I think the 77C9 only ever got down to £4k so this is a big year-on-year change.
Has been cheaper @ Costco in-store

fluxedman

One giant benefit over costco vs other retailers in UK is they offer a 3 month return period, I wish other retailers followed that since 30 days is not enough to make sure the TV is not of satisfactory quality(which is UK law), for example my CX OLED panel went faulty after 2.5 months use.

straction

Novice Member
Unfortunately Costco not listing the 65CX on their site - out of stock - not sure if that's it now.

Any thoughts/experience appreciated?

fluxedman

Cheapest I have seen:

Maybe try and do it tomorrow might be even less priced
44087546.jpg

Mr Balld

Standard Member
Wow ,

Just got JL to price match PRC £1749 for a 65 CX .

Glad I didn’t pull the trigger today.

Whats does everyone think I can get a 65CX for tomorrow ? Sub £1700 ?

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on UK streaming services for May 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung's 110-inch Micro LED TV on pre-order at Harrods
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bang & Olufsen introduces Beosound Emerge speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony launches native 4K VPL-VW290ES and VW890ES projectors