NEWS: LG launches webOS 6.0 for 2021 TV lineup

Hi any help please I have Lg smart tv 55inch and I bought ambient light but the tv does not recognize it. Any help what should I do I tried to download some apps on tv but says file not supported. thanks

Hi any help please I have Lg smart tv 55inch and I bought ambient light but the tv does not recognize it. Any help what should I do I tried to download some apps on tv but says file not supported. thanks

That has nothing to do with this thread

has LG sorted out the issues so that UK catch up TV work on the LG yet?

We probably won't find out until LG UK release the 2021 range launch/price details in late Feb/Mar time. iPlayer and ITV hub are available for the 2020 range now. To be honest, I would just need All4 and maybe UKTV but eveb then I have all the catchup apps on my Apple TV.

About time the LG magic remote had a revamp.

I love my B9 but the freeview menu is appealing, it’s so slow to load compared to my old Samsung, it’s the only thing that lets a superb tv down.

This new WebOS full-screen; no, I prefer the present one. And, for me, the remote that came with my B7 is fine

LG Electronics on Sunday unveiled its full lineup of TVs for 2021, including the first 83-inch organic light-emitting diode TV model with advanced self-emissive lights, to cement its leadership in the growing OLED TV market.

Dubbed “OLED evo,” the new model features an upgraded OLED panel that boasts better contrast ratios and picture quality due to improved lights.

It marks the third advancement in LG’s OLED TV technology since its launch in 2013. LG announced 4K High Dynamic Range OLED in 2015 and 8K OLED in 2019.

The company will release the first 83-inch OLED model this year, projecting that the size of the global OLED TV market would double from last year.

LG will have a total of seven OLED TV models that are over 70 inches this year, up from four last year.

This year, all OLED TV models will use panels that reach 100 percent in color fidelity, certified by Intertek, the company said.

Very interested in learning more about the 83” LG’s. I’ve been struggling to justify upgrading my 77G7 to the 77GX as there just isn’t enough different, but a step up in screen size would be just the ticket. Fingers crossed for pricing that won’t require me to sell a kidney to afford it!

Sounds like upgrades this year for the regular consumer models is pushing the DCI colour space out to 100% and an updated 4th gen A9 chip. My feeling is that the higher brightness panel will be reserved for the higer end sets.

iPlayer and ITV hub are available for the 2020 range now. To be honest, I would just need All4 and maybe UKTV but eveb then I have all the catchup apps on my Apple TV.
Anyone know when the rest of the catchup services (other than iPlayer) will be rolled out for the remaining 2020 sets?

Sounds like upgrades this year for the regular consumer models is pushing the DCI colour space out to 100% and an updated 4th gen A9 chip. My feeling is that the higher brightness panel will be reserved for the higer end sets.

LG C1 must be included :)

With the new edition of webOS, LG is demonstrating its commitment of offering services, products and technologies that respond to the needs and wants of our valued customers.

Those customers being advertisers, not you.

This definitely seems like less of an improvement for the end user and more of a platform to push sponsored content. If anything this will make it a little more annoying to get tot he apps you want.

Not sure about the new remote design, looks a little generic air mouse remote-y but maybe it will be nice. TBO I haven't used one since the 2014 magic remote so not sure how the latest ones are.

We have a shield TV so I've avoided using any smart tv features since they've been really slow in the past but on new TV's I think it's quite usable. It would be nice not having to switch sources and remotes every time you want to watch something so we'll see how I get on with WebOS.

The new OLED panel brightness is more than only a metal heatsink like Panasonic did.

In addition, it has also unveiled a 77-inch next-generation OLED TV panel that has improved luminous efficiency by about 20% compared to the previous one by applying high-efficiency organic materials and adding a light-emitting layer. This panel will be applied first to the top-end models released this year, and will be gradually expanded.

Also 42" OLED panels will be produced this year:

LG Display, which mass-produced the world's first OLED TV panels in 2013, has newly mass-produced 83-inch and 42-inch OLED TV panels from this year in addition to the existing 88, 77, 65, 55, 48 inches, and significantly expands the mid-size lineup of 20-30 inches It plans to expand into areas such as gaming, mobility, and personal displays.

OLED TV panels, which had shipments of only 200,000 units in the first year of 2013, recorded 4.5 million units last year, and plans to expand to 7-8 million units this year.

LG Display's TV division vice president Chang-ho Oh said, "We will expand our differentiated competitiveness and market dominance in the premium TV market through the evolution of OLED."

LG C1 must be included :)
I don't think the c1 will have the new evo higher brightness panels?
not this year anyway.. looks like it will be reserved for the more premium g1 model this year.

Like many I'm unconvinced in the direction here, that said I'll wait to see it in action before making any final judgement. Just feels like the apps portion has been devalued and that's the main reason I open up the menu. Recommended and sponsored taking up the top portions says everything really, a better option would have been letting customer curate that experience, but there's no revenue to be had there.

Would prefer an AppleTV button instead of Rakuten

TBH I think they should have programmable buttons for those things, choose which 4 shortcuts you want froma big old list that can be updated.

Probably not going Lg next time around as my 2016 65" G6 has been deprived of any meaningful updates/ fixes or Web OS improvements since a few months after purchase . Their tvs are only as good as they'll ever be on Day 1, they don't bother with any type of future-proofing . So no Disney + , no improved Dolby Vision or Web Os and no true 'Filmaker's Cinema Mode '. No imagination and almost lazy. Imagine if Apple made phones without enough RAM to cope with future updates .
Once bitten ....no more £6500 tv rolls of the dice for me !
~M~

Will the new OS be rolled out to previous years models? Is that LGs way?

Being new to WebOS in the last month, have to say I really dislike it. I don't fine it easy or intuitive to use and the magic wand is a solution looking for a problem!

Is the Harmony Elite version the one to get ?

Definitely! About £120 when on offer and controls so much :D A good example from my setup - My kids say "Alexa, turn on Cinema FireTV" and the hub: 1. Turns off any devices currently on and not used 2. Turns on the projector 3. drops the screen 4. switches my AV receiver on and changes the source to the firetv 5. dims the lights 6. drops the blinds 7. sets the volume 8. sets the picture mode 9. press "home" on the fireTv... all without the remote, but the app is pretty fiddly and it's simply nice for quick volume changes and changing other device settings on the fly - which is impossible on remotes without a screen... so i'd go Elite for your main setup. For simpler setups I like the companion.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom