NEWS: LG launches brighter G1 plus 83-inch C1 OLED TVs for 2021

Are you planning on a new tv this year mate?
Im interested to see how the G1 and the Sony A90J compare. I always said I’d go Panny once they support hdmi2.1 (as I like a little 120Hz gameplay), but this year it looks like Sony have checked almost as many boxes and assuming will be cheaper.
Tbh, my C9 will probably do nicely, covers most of my needs, will wait to see what 2022 brings (want to see if QDOled launches) and or reduced 2021 models in a bigger size. Like the idea of 77” next, 83” is the dream (almost getting to the size of my old projector (sold with the last house)) but cost will need to come down, to many other home priorities...usually change every 3-4 years.
You thinking about both brighter panel offerings around BF?

Same here!

I'm thinking the G1 will be at CX launch prices and the C1 cheaper to entice more buyers into OLED ownership.

What I've been trying to find is some official mention of improved BFI. Maybe LG meant that the C1 and G1 will have the improved (compared to the inferior non-Pro OLED Motion for A1 and B1) OLED Motion Pro, but it will be the same as in the CX and GX?

Typical, went to buy the LG CX today and currys have put the price up by £100 on the 55"!

For those of us who don’t know, how much was the 77 CX on release so I can compare the path the prices have taken?

So it’s gone from 5k to £3.5 in a year? Or so...
If the new Evo G1 is a step above...will it start at £6k?

So it’s gone from 5k to £3.5 in a year? Or so...
If the new Evo G1 is a step above...will it start at £6k?
GX started at £6K and is now around £4K4 so I would imagine that the G1 will start at around £6K5 to £7K, as it will the all singing and dancing top of the range?

GX started at £6K and is now around £4K4 so I would imagine that the G1 will start at around £6K5 to £7K, as it will the all singing and dancing top of the range?
I would suppose ( maybe wrongly) that the new Sony’s price might also have a bearing on competitor prices. I thought somewhere there was a pre order price for the A90J...

Im interested to see how the G1 and the Sony A90J compare. I always said I’d go Panny once they support hdmi2.1 (as I like a little 120Hz gameplay), but this year it looks like Sony have checked almost as many boxes and assuming will be cheaper.
Tbh, my C9 will probably do nicely, covers most of my needs, will wait to see what 2022 brings (want to see if QDOled launches) and or reduced 2021 models in a bigger size. Like the idea of 77” next, 83” is the dream (almost getting to the size of my old projector (sold with the last house)) but cost will need to come down, to many other home priorities...usually change every 3-4 years.
You thinking about both brighter panel offerings around BF?
Sounds a good plan.
That is the hope mate, A new brighter oled, Sony 83" or G1 77" and have it last me 3/4/5 years :)
I'd say I'd like it to last me till micro led is available but tbh that is probably many many years away and in say 4 years it will probably be mini leds that are the main competition for oled.. Maybe they will also be much improved by then after a few generations.

Sounds a good plan.
That is the hope mate, A new brighter oled, Sony 83" or G1 77" and have it last me 3/4/5 years :)
I'd say I'd like it to last me till micro led is available but tbh that is probably many many years away and in say 4 years it will probably be mini leds that are the main competition for oled.. Maybe they will also be much improved by then after a few generations.
So are we ignoring what TCL ZERO might do?

I just wondered why mini-led is sort of being overlooked as something not yet good enough against the LG, Sony etc.

I just wondered why mini-led is sort of being overlooked as something not yet good enough against the LG, Sony etc.
Tcl have never brought their high end TVs to the uk before. Be interesting to see them in action.
me personally I'd wait a few years to see how mini led progresses and improves.
I already know and love oleds and I'm happy with a top end oled to last me the next few years while other tech progresses.

Tcl have never brought their high end TVs to the uk before. Be interesting to see them in action.
me personally I'd wait a few years to see how mini led progresses and improves.
I already know and love oleds and I'm happy with a top end oled to last me the next few years while other tech progresses.
Has no one reviewed TCL high end TVs as a comparison to what they offer compared with Oled and lcd?

Has no one reviewed TCL high end TVs as a comparison to what they offer compared with Oled and lcd?
Not sure tbh mate, Most likely someone like FOMO has, maybe also HDTV test?
How is TCL for motion, upscaling, operating system etc?

FOMO describes this year as possibly ‘ The Year’ of MiniLED! And says maybe it could be better than Oled?! It’s going to be interesting if/ once these TVs make an appearance. I hope they deliver on the hype as it’s terribly deflating when they talk up a big pizza and you get it with hardly any toppings!

FOMO describes this year as possibly ‘ The Year’ of MiniLED! And says maybe it could be better than Oled?! It’s going to be interesting if/ once these TVs make an appearance. I hope they deliver on the hype as it’s terribly deflating when they talk up a big pizza and you get it with hardly any toppings!

That's why I'd like to wait a few years and see how it progresses, I have been spoilt by inky black oleds. I just think right now oled is the choice for me personally.
Saying that though I'm certainly open to any new tech, I'm not an "oled fanboy" and 100% welcome any new tech :)

I reckon its gonna go like this:

mini-led > OLED > micro-led

and when people see the price tag of micro-led it will quickly go to

mini-led > OLED

:D

I think it depends on use-case and also to people like me who want the ‘ all rounder’ TV. I don’t like the idea that Oled is a dark room TV and LCD is a bright conditions TV! We watch evening TV of course but also daytime TV and I’d rather not have grey blacks when I want black blacks! But then I don’t want to find my Oled TV can’t handle a window with some sun coming through it. I’m sure there’s a happy answer out there and I just need to see it!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom