golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
wonder if these tvs will have the imax streaming option ive just heard about

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Product page up and running on US site. Not that much spec yet

C1 83"

G1 77"
Thanks for the link. You know what after digesting more info over the last 2 days that G1 is a beautiful looking display with real nice specs. For me right now the main contenders are Sony a90j 83 and LG G1 77.
can't wait to find out if the A90J uses this same new panel.
I'd be happy with either of the above 2 TVs tbh.

SimonST

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the link. You know what after digesting more info over the last 2 days that G1 is a beautiful looking display with real nice specs. For me right now the main contenders are Sony a90j 83 and LG G1 77.
can't wait to find out if the A90J uses this same new panel.
I'd be happy with either of the above 2 TVs tbh.

Yeah, I wasn't particularly hyped about the G1 at first, but on reflection, we know for a fact it is the newly-developed one, whereas I don't think there's any concrete proof the Sony is the same redeveloped panel yet, only that it has the same(?) heatsink setup. Guess we'll have to wait for more details in the next month or two.

Perhaps the A90J and G series are all using the revised panels with the LGD-developed heatsink, Sony getting an exclusive/preferring the 83", while LGE got the 77"? They wouldn't be cutting into each others sales as much in that segment of the market, at least? Dunno...

65A90J, 65G1, one of them will be mine this year :love:

Last edited:

SimonST

Distinguished Member

So the G1 does have a traditional stand included? Suppose it's not too surprising, as the GX has something similar.

SimonST

Distinguished Member
The specs on LG website say stand not included, possibly the 2020gx legs may fit on the 2021g1 though?
they look to be similar to the 2020 gx legs (which are not vesa compatible btw)

Well the GX one isn't included with the TV either, so if it can be purchased separately then that'd be alright. If the rear has been redesigned then I guess the GX ones won't fit.

I was under the impression that effectively this only impacts 12 bit color, and the benefit is dubious with these 10-bit panels (and processors?). Am I off base here?

I saw issues with 40 Gbps impacting users connecting to a PC and having issues with text rendering. I can't remember the specifics but it was noticeable.

Slugsy01

Distinguished Member
The panel/brightness won’t matter if the processing isn’t up to scratch. I would love it if the 77” G1 sorted out it’s upscaling and near black performance as it’s likely to be cheaper than the Sony.

kiran_mk2

I think the truth about the various brightnesses of the 2021 sets will have to wait until they get calibrated and measured in April/May time.

nekromantik

this whole AI cpu picture preset should be interesting but I doubt if any auto picture preset will be as good as getting it calibrated

kiran_mk2

Surely the AI picture detection is for people who don't want calibration? After all, an accurate picture doesn't change depending on what kind of content you are watching does it?

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Surely the AI picture detection is for people who don't want calibration? After all, an accurate picture doesn't change depending on what kind of content you are watching does it?
It seems all the manufacturers this year are making A.I a selling point, plastered all over their fancy processor chip marketing blurb..
likely be instantly turned off by 99% of avforums users :D

Mike J Au

Hi all,

Definitely getting a 2021 Oled to replace my 2009 Panasonic plasma, been putting it off a while.

Really wanting the G1 as it’s a decent upgrade from C series this time, but I can’t wall mount it and don’t really have room for the optional stand, so really hoping a standard bench/cabinet stand/legs are available even if optional or costs extra.

fingers crossed, otherwise hopefully the stand can have the back leg that seems to jut out, be turned to the side or front so I might be able to sit it behind the existing cabinet easier.

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Hi all,

Definitely getting a 2021 Oled to replace my 2009 Panasonic plasma, been putting it off a while.

Really wanting the G1 as it’s a decent upgrade from C series this time, but I can’t wall mount it and don’t really have room for the optional stand, so really hoping a standard bench/cabinet stand/legs are available even if optional or costs extra.

fingers crossed, otherwise hopefully the stand can have the back leg that seems to jut out, be turned to the side or front so I might be able to sit it behind the existing cabinet easier.
Hi
The optional stand for it is just a vesa compatible stand, it wil fit any tv by the look of it,
have a search for "table top vesa stand" or similar, something like that seems a decent option for those who need a stand?

F5076DF3-D812-48FF-BB63-4CC2545733D1.jpeg

Mike J Au

Nice, thanks.

Will see what ends up being in the retail boxes and go from there.

if the new optional stand is able to spin the base a bit so the legs can point a different way then maybe that might work.

Now the painful wait for them to be in store.

Thanks.

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Nice, thanks.

Will see what ends up being in the retail boxes and go from there.

if the new optional stand is able to spin the base a bit so the legs can point a different way then maybe that might work.

Now the painful wait for them to be in store.

Thanks.
Yes a long painful wait :rotfl:
The optional one seems to be a floor stand, I think they went a little far with the whole art "gallery" thing with that one IMO.
I'm in luck because I wall mount my TVs and much prefer the look of a tv wall mounted a few inches above an av unit.

Hornet4000

Standard Member
Shame LG have decided to make the C1 different to the other models this time, in effect it has become the new B1.

And the A1 becomes the new BX. The UK RRP pricing for LG's OLED range is going to be very interesting this year given they've moved away from all models other than the B having the same panels. I wonder how much of a discount they will throw at the A1 to compensate for 60hz and no HDMI 2.1.

jmacc

Distinguished Member
And the A1 becomes the new BX. The UK RRP pricing for LG's OLED range is going to be very interesting this year given they've moved away from all models other than the B having the same panels. I wonder how much of a discount they will throw at the A1 to compensate for 60hz and no HDMI 2.1.

As per last nights avf podcast, the B or A series are not yet confirmed coming to the U.K. market.

Enapace

It would have be quite significant under £1000 I imagine as you are getting a worse version of the BX model this year.

Prebo

Everyone needs to cast their rtings vote on the A90J or the G1 so that they kan be purchased as soon as they're released

MahaRaja

Everyone needs to cast their rtings vote on the A90J or the G1 so that they kan be purchased as soon as they're released
Rtings reviews are not good imo, it's all numbers and no opinions from an expert. The best reviews are Vincent, whose reviews and comparisons are incomparable; he hasn't got a rival. Followed by our AV Forums and FlatpanelHD.

MahaRaja

Disappointed that the Evo panel is not going to coming to the C1, which seems to be the same as last year's CX. The only difference between C1 and CX, is a new chip with AI, which most ppl turn off and new OS system.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

What's new on Disney+ UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Focal releases 1000 Series integrated speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Klipsch announces ProMedia 2.1 BT speaker set
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
No Time to Die gets pushed to 8th Oct 2021
  • By Andy Bassett