NEWS: LG launches brighter G1 plus 83-inch C1 OLED TVs for 2021

fluxedman

In UK they will probably just do the LG FN4 earphones, Currys UK is doing the new Sony OLED with Sony XM3 wireless headphones which are better though.

Last edited:

maxkolonko123

Standard VESA mount no different then using a wall bracket. I agree the C1 77” is still a very good option it depends if the G1 is worth the extra once the prices drop .

Nice to have a few options on 77”+ screens .
There is no point I suppose to go for c1 when you can have cheaper cx with same panel

maxkolonko123

What bout the new processor? It should do something? Not just being faster? Also better processing of images I assume?
I can't find video now but Vincent did a chart showing which models are worth upgrade to from each brand like Sony Panasonic LG, and if you go from cx to c1 you won't notice big picture improvement cause those panels are same, so big improvement in this situation would be G1 and Evo panel

Naafets88

I can't find video now but Vincent did a chart showing which models are worth upgrade to from each brand like Sony Panasonic LG, and if you go from cx to c1 you won't notice big picture improvement cause those panels are same, so big improvement in this situation would be G1 and Evo panel
The G1 is out of my price range tbh.. So no opportunity there to buy it

maxkolonko123

The G1 is out of my price range tbh.. So no opportunity there to buy it
Yeah there is new content on YouTube from Vinny with price leak for new models, and yeah same for me if I'm looking at 5500k C1 which might be not much of an upgrade from CX I rather go for cx when will hit 3k range (77' models)

Naafets88

Yeah there is new content on YouTube from Vinny with price leak for new models, and yeah same for me if I'm looking at 5500k C1 which might be not much of an upgrade from CX I rather go for cx when will hit 3k range (77' models)
They offered me the 65” C1, tomorrow I’ll get the price. On the website it’s priced for €2499

fluxedman

Really is impossible to say how good the C1 is over the CX, we know the C1 has that new web os version which is welcome, new processor should help with speed of using inbuilt apps though. Also the new CPU could improve motion and performance with the Ai picture pro that is if you even use it many switch it off.

The remote is the one thing for sure that looks better.

Really would need A/B comparisons but from early indications you may not notice any difference.

Its a shame LG didn't use Evo panels in the C1 really, then there would be almost no debate.

Mike J Au

Novice Member
If a new remote, processor and OS isn’t enough reason to go for a C1 over a CX, then yes try wait for the reviews to compare them.

Also, be careful, there may be a stage where you wait too long and the CX sells out and might be hard to find if you end up deciding on last years model.

I really really hope LG produces many many G1 and they aren’t so hard to find.

Really looking forward to finally replacing my 2010 46 inch Panasonic plasma!

maxkolonko123

That's why we need to wait but if there won't be a "big" step up from cx then I can't see how to justify this extra money.
I think for me it will be a big step up, cause I would make a jump from LG E6, but for people who owns 2020 models, don't know if there is a reason to upgrade this year.

PlexShaw

sorry if its already been covered but any news if the 2021 will have the catch up apps last years didn't get?
Yes, the C1 product page (for example) on the LG UK website lists Freeview Play as being available, so that clearly means the catch up apps will all be offered.

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Stop the fear mongering

forum apple GIF

fluxedman

Felt a bit odd that video, while its true with the AKM dac chipset factory went up many hi-fi manufacturers simply used other similar dac chipsets instead. I read this over at AudioScience community boards.

Also LG have said they want to double their OLED production output for 2021, id guess they would have figured out or worked around any such issues (lack of components) otherwise they won't hit their numbers remotely close.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J/A80J OLED details, Best type of Amplification, Film & TV Show News + Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

LG offers best ever OLED prices - for one week only
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony launches Bravia XR A80J OLED TVs in Europe
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Tidal streaming service acquired by Twitter/Square's Jack Dorsey
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix adds support for reduced theatrical release window