NEWS: LG launches brighter G1 plus 83-inch C1 OLED TVs for 2021

fluxedman

yeah none of these so called "reviews" are actually good as no one has had the TVs in hand yet to test. Im looking forward to Vincent to get hold of the G1.

Agreed there a bit of a title grab, there just rehashing out specs and info from ces displays.

I read the Rtings guys had a cx in their labs last march so reviewed it quickly, hopefully if clock work keeps striking right we get a proper hands on review in late March next month.

norseman23

Novice Member
I had been holding out for the G1 77". But if that's going to be roughly $8k and I can get the GX 77" now for $4k I'm just go with the GX

sprinta

I had been holding out for the G1 77". But if that's going to be roughly $8k and I can get the GX 77" now for $4k I'm just go with the GX
Much the same sentiment as me. Looking to get a 77" GX but the pending release of the new G1 is throwing a spanner in the spokes. Can currently get a GX for under £4K and the G1 won't reach that sort of price for around 12 months.

Question is the G1 significantly better that the current GX and until the review start none of us know. Bit of a balancing act at the moment to keep an eye on the GX price and availability and hope the G1 reviews will start whilst the GX can still be had.

gunner84

Distinguished Member
Much the same sentiment as me. Looking to get a 77" GX but the pending release of the new G1 is throwing a spanner in the spokes. Can currently get a GX for under £4K and the G1 won't reach that sort of price for around 12 months.

Question is the G1 significantly better that the current GX and until the review start none of us know. Bit of a balancing act at the moment to keep an eye on the GX price and availability and hope the G1 reviews will start whilst the GX can still be had.
It will have improvements like previous years models, the main thing being the increased brightness, and minor things like new webOS, remote, but if like that guy above said and its almost a 4k difference, that's absolutely bonkers and I would not even consider the new one.

Depends if you want to full into LGs clever marketing and spend more cash.;) Yes its a newer panel but its still OLED technology at play, improvements there will be but huge improvements I doubt it very much.

Last edited:

v8hawkeman

Where has the $8000 for the 77" G1 come from?:) The suggested price I saw was 6500 Euro in Germany. Looking at previous release prices the UK seems to be always less than the German prices. I was hoping for under £6000. Is this too optomistic?

sprinta

Yes there is a claimed increase in brightness, but that will only be visible in HDD,etc viewing. So the question will be how much of your actual viewing will be in those modes, if a lot then the G1 may bring significant improvement. The question is, is the extra amount you will have to pay at the time of release be worth paying for or waiting another year for it to drop to the current GX prices? Hence waiting for the G1 reviews to help decide before the GX's disappear. .

I too question where the $8K has come from? With current indicated price of 6K5 Euro the most likely release price in the US would be around the $6K region?

norseman23

Novice Member
Where has the $8000 for the 77" G1 come from?:) The suggested price I saw was 6500 Euro in Germany. Looking at previous release prices the UK seems to be always less than the German prices. I was hoping for under £6000. Is this too optomistic?
I just took the announced 6.5k euro price in Germany which is around $8k. However, I've since heard the Germany price is higher than others and the US can expect about 20% less than that.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom