NEWS: LG Display losses continue for 5th consecutive quarter

I would say they needed to switch gears to OLED even earlier and whatever comes after OLED, but in these times it's hard to call anything.

I am not surprised. I bought a LG tv last year and it is the worst electrical purchase I have ever made. It broke within a few weeks and they refused point blank to replace it. Their customer services were rude and completely unhelpful every time I spoke to them. They ended up repairing an issue with the tv, so effectively I spent a lot of money to have a refurbished item. I will never purchase anything from them again! Learned my lesson for straying from Panasonic and Sony items

I am not surprised. I bought a LG tv last year and it is the worst electrical purchase I have ever made. It broke within a few weeks and they refused point blank to replace it. Their customer services were rude and completely unhelpful every time I spoke to them. They ended up repairing an issue with the tv, so effectively I spent a lot of money to have a refurbished item. I will never purchase anything from them again! Learned my lesson for straying from Panasonic and Sony items

Which TV was it? If it broke within a few weeks, surely you'd go through LG, not the retailer?

LG Display losses however are unrelated to the quality of materials used by or built by LG Electronics.

Last edited:
Yes, you would have to say that LG Display are putting all their eggs into their OLED basket, they have overcapitalized, extending production facilities in China and are very vulnerable to any long term slump in the world consumer market.
Numbers of electrical retail stores could be under financial pressure in the coming months, the buying spree for fridges, laptops and cheap TV's wont last until the post COVID-19 global economy picks up, which could take years, LG's OLED gamble could end up becoming China's good fortune with all those factories ready to use.
LG also have the added problem of Samsung and TCL challenging LG's OLED monopoly with their new generation TV's allegedly coming in 2022.

Which TV was it? If it broke within a few weeks, surely you'd go through LG, not the retailer?

LG Display losses however are unrelated to the quality of materials used by or built by LG Electronics.
I did go through LG. The retailer said LG have the warranty. Losses are directly linked to consumer views of the brand, as ultimately consumers put the money into the business.

I did go through LG. The retailer said LG have the warranty. Losses are directly linked to consumer views of the brand, as ultimately consumers put the money into the business.
You should have gone through the retailer. They fobbed you off and shirked their responsibility under the consumer laws.

Woop, sorry, mistype. I meant the retailer, as thats who your contract of sale was with?

What I meant by LG electronics success being unrelated is they they are just another customer of the product LG display sell, just like Sony, Panasonic, Philips etc. The success of LG display (or lack thereof) is not directly caused by the sales/perception of LG electronics.

The much trumpeted Nanocell TV's seemed to get lukewarm reviews. The reviews put me off buying another LG.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom