NEWS: LG BX OLED TVs now shipping

Bugger. I was going to get my next tv (OLED) from Fenwicks because of that.
John Lewis are currently selling lg TVs with a 5 year guarantee and a pair of free lg headphones. You can also add Protect Plus at £140 for 5 year accidental damage which if you check the conditions includes screen burn in.

John Lewis are currently selling lg TVs with a 5 year guarantee and a pair of free lg headphones. You can also add Protect Plus at £140 for 5 year accidental damage which if you check the conditions includes screen burn in.

Interesting need sir. Thank you very much :smashin:

Protection Plus

Attachments

• IPID-Accidental-Damage (3).pdf
    76.6 KB · Views: 138
I managed to get my hands on the BX on Tuesday (6th October) and I immediately got it wall mounted. It’s great piece of TV tech but there is a major issue that most reviewers have yet to encounter! Crushing black / noise or as it was officially called, macro-blocking.

Some of you might be aware that the 2018/19 models suffered from this “phenomenon” and a firmware update apparently resolved this. It’s no surprise that LG moved on it quick since Forbes were the ones to report this. Now I’m hoping its not the case for many of you who are eagerly anticipating your new TVs but tread with caution if your still undecided.

My experience of this issue was seen in several scenes of the movie Slender Man on Netflix (HD). I decided to watch this as its a good test of the blacks! Now there is one particular scene where the “noise” is really noticeable, approx 30min in during a forest scene (pictures attached). It was basically unwatchable!

I have reached out to LG and they asked for more info including the attached pictures. They didn’t explicitly denied that it was a repeat of the issue from 2018/19 but I suspect it is. I’m lucky to know several work colleagues who have the B9 (BX being the successor) and all of them have a picture perfect scene. I also reached out to John Lewis and explained this issue. They are understanding and will refund me (as I’ve reported this before the 30 days) if LG don’t comply. If SHTF then I may just got for the CX but there is nothing to say that it isn’t affected too :(

In fact it would great to see what everyone else’s experience of this is, perhaps i’m the unlucky one! If any of have NF give it a go. Note it needs to be a dark room to really see it.

Attachments

• EE84DCEB-291C-4295-9960-60B64B660E67.jpeg
    EE84DCEB-291C-4295-9960-60B64B660E67.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 176
  • 96E2C738-14F6-4366-9B87-B1C220D0E5DF.jpeg
    96E2C738-14F6-4366-9B87-B1C220D0E5DF.jpeg
    171.1 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom