NEWS: LG 2021 TVs see Freeview Play return (And AVForums Podcast with LG this Friday)

"Not only that but LG is currently in discussions to reinstate all terrestrial apps on its 2020 OLED and NanoCell TVs meaning the one small fly in the spec ointment for last year’s models could soon be removed."
Haven't they been "in discussions" on this matter for about a year? One can hope, but if I were an LG owner I wouldn't be holding my breath.

"Not only that but LG is currently in discussions to reinstate all terrestrial apps on its 2020 OLED and NanoCell TVs meaning the one small fly in the spec ointment for last year’s models could soon be removed."
Haven't they been "in discussions" on this matter for about a year? One can hope, but if I were an LG owner I wouldn't be holding my breath.

a notification has appeared on CX saying My5 is on its way, meaning only 4OD is now missing.
however "currently in discussion" is mostly meaningless.

Will be popping along to ask the most requested OLED question of them all to LG, when will they be releasing the 42" OLED.

I'll never buy anything on a promise. Where is DTS? That's also missing!

So the solution for those of us with a 2020 LCD model is... buy a new set. Not happening.

So you already have Freeview Play 4OD and ITV HUB ?

read my post again. ITV hub has always been on the CX.
4OD is still missing, My5 never appeared and is still missing.

the CX does not have Freeview Play.

Ah, i thought freeview play was taken over from like itv hub,4od,my5 etc, but seeing its not on cx anyway, guess dont matter, shame 4od and my5 still not on it thou, cheers

for the CX users (and maybe others), My5 is now back in the lg app store and appears to be working.
this means only All4 is now missing.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom