NEWS: Klipsch completes Cinema Sound Bar series with Dolby Atmos models

Evinger

Distinguished Member
I guess, as often, the individual volume control of each speaker and the available Room Correction will be important factors in how adaptable this is.

arthurprs

I find it hard to take serious a 2021 flagship product without any room correction capabilities.
No bar/subwoofer/satellite distance adjustment? And adjust level by ear???
And there's a high chance the bass will sound awful in the average room without EQ.​

CaptainNemo

Standard Member
I find it hard to take serious a 2021 flagship product without any room correction capabilities.
No bar/subwoofer/satellite distance adjustment? And adjust level by ear???
And there's a high chance the bass will sound awful in the average room without Eq

According to Klipsch EQ will be available on the app sometime in August

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Finally but lack of DTS is a glaring omission as this is the only soundbar that ticks my boxes (12" subwoofer, sub out).

CaptainNemo

Standard Member
Audio advice.com has a review posted of the 1200…..

Last edited:

lgans316

Distinguished Member

maxwood

Gah I was really excited for this until the lack of DTS. Definitely keen to hear more about the 800 model though.

Still weighing up the Arc and this sounds like it might be a good alternative. Or maybe I'll just go an entirely different route all together!

Anyone have any experience with the Cinema Home 800 yet?

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Gah I was really excited for this until the lack of DTS. Definitely keen to hear more about the 800 model though.

Still weighing up the Arc and this sounds like it might be a good alternative. Or maybe I'll just go an entirely different route all together!

Anyone have any experience with the Cinema Home 800 yet?

I would get this over ARC despite the lack of DTS as it has HDMI INPUTS (not at the mercy of flaky TV eARC), 5.1.4 and most importantly comes with 12 inch sub plus dedicated sub out.

maxwood

I would get this over ARC despite the lack of DTS as it has HDMI INPUTS (not at the mercy of flaky TV eARC), 5.1.4 and most importantly comes with 12 inch sub plus dedicated sub out.
Ah I just realised that the 800 model doesn't have upfiring speakers! I think the 1200 model is out of my budget but I'll wait for the reviews of both and see what people think :)

Edit: I wonder if the 800 model can do 5.1.2 if you add the rears?

Last edited:

Sir QD oled

Control over the sub is missing sadly
-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR95HugFR28&t=2s&ab_channel=AndrewRobinson

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Control over the sub is missing sadly
-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR95HugFR28&t=2s&ab_channel=AndrewRobinson

So the wireless sub range is between +6 and -6. This is the same as the competitors but I am unsure if its good enough with big subs like this which can be overpowering. This is where the Samsung Q950A nails it. This YouTuber considers the Samsung Q950A as reference soundbar for movies, the Ambeo for mixed usage and Beo stage for music.

In this Klipsch Cinema discussion, Klipsch confirmed that the mobile app update on 30 Aug will add EQ. They mention it towards the end and then again when wrapping up the discussion. Whether this materalizes or not is yet to be seen - I really hope it happens.

The latest video from AVForums

Toy Stories - Turning Toys into Blockbuster Movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom